Chapter 19- Origami Annihilation

A small origami girl lay scrunched up in the middle of a large and cold room. She was knocked aside. Discarded. The paper boy who loved her saw her and he screamed. His favourite little doll was ruined. Her beauty and innocence had gone. He tried to smooth her edges, to unfold her and re-fold her again. Even though his form was perfect, you could still see the creases. The origami girl sagged in her king sized poster bed under the thick and heavy covers that could not hide her shame.

She sat there, eyes wide open, staring straight forward but not seeing. Draco looked at her vacant expression, still shirtless. He had given her his shirt, since the rest of her clothes had been torn. He had gathered the remnants of her torn up uniform and carried his origami girl up to the room. He had laid her on the bed, and brushed her hair, and gave her clean underwear, pulled up the covers and threw those ruined clothes into the fire. She looked so small sitting in such an enormous bed but he did not want to come too close. She had winced when he carried her. So he kept away. Draco didn't want to cause her anymore pain.

"Do you want me to stay with you for the rest of the day?" He asked cautiously, still watching her at the foot of the bed.

The slightest of movements, she shook her head. He nodded, pulling a glass from his pocket and casting aguamente and then placed the glass of water onto her bedside table.

"Use this if you need me. I'm on speed dial." He handed her a muggle phone and placed in beside her. He allowed himself the indulgence of a small peck on her hand and then he left the silent room.

As soon as he left their dormitory, he pulled a chair in front of the fire and sat down. He allowed a few small tears to fall from his eyes. He felt deep sorrow and anger for Hermione. How could it be that everything he loved was destroyed? How could it be that as soon as he finally held a happy moment in his hand, it was snatched away? He was cursed to a miserable life. He placed his head in his hands. He had intended to attend class, but right now grief was holding him down. The paper boy sat in the chair and mourned his love.

~

Hermione lay motionless in the bed. Small tears fell from her soft eyes. Every time she shut her eyes he could hear his moans of pleasure. Her whimpers as she cried. Every time the fabric touched her skin, she was reminded her clothes ripping, and the tight grip around her wrists. The bruises around her neck and on her legs were a reminder where his hands one were. She felt filthy. Covered in the memories.

She lay in the bed like she was dead for what felt like an hour. Then she stood. She picked up the glass and drank all the water. She took the cell phone into the bathroom. She undressed slowly as the bath ran. She avoided the mirror and then slowly slipped into the bath. The warm water relaxed her. Hermione suddenly felt very tired. She grabbed her neck pillow and drifted into a peaceful sleep.

Hermione awoke to a ringing. She reached for the mobile, but it was not there where she had left it. It kept ringing and ringing and ringing. She peered over the edge of the bathtub, but it was not lying on the tiles. She slumped back into the water and listened. It was definitely in the room, so no-one had taken it. As she listened more carefully, she realised that the sound was coming from

underwater. She looked all around in the water but couldn't see it. She listened again. Then Hermione realised.

The phone had fallen down the drain. She shifted her position and grabbed the plug. The water started to drain, but as she leaned over to glance into the plug hole, she felt a tug. She was being sucked under the water like a tornado. She choked and spluttered, grasping to the edges of the bath, but it was no use. She took her last breath and-

Was pulled out of the water. Draco stood there, holding her by her shoulders. His shirt was wet up to his elbows and a look of concern was on his face. He did not stare at her body, but right into her eyes.

"How could do you do that to yourself Hermione?" He said, his voice choked with sobs.

"Do what?" She was so confused. That was a dream?

"Try to... to kill yourself?" A small tear fell from his beautiful grey eyes.

"I would never do that. You know me." She wiped the tears from his eyes.

He said nothing. He clutched her to his chest like he would never let go.

"I would never do that, as long as you're around Draco." She whispered into his hair.

He lifted her up and cradled her in his arms. He took her and wrapped her in a robe, placing her in her bed and climbing in beside her.

"Goodnight origami girl."

~

Draco was woken up by a smack in the face. Hermione was crying and thrashing around in her sleep. He took her in his arms and held her softly, cradling her until she woke.

"Shh, shh, it's just me Hermione." He whispered into her ear.

"Oh Draco, it was so horrible. Why would someone do that? How can they be so senseless?"

"We'll talk to someone tomorrow, Granger." He held her close as she sobbed herself back to sleep.

A surge of anger coursed through him. It was disgusting that someone would think that they could get away with this. No one should have to suffer the way that Hermione was suffering. That was it. Before they reported that poor excuse of a professor, Draco was certainly going to have a word with him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N

awww! the poor little couple! hope you guys are enjoying the book! thanks to all who read and vote and comment and make me smile!

feel free to vote, comment, or do whatever you wish!

i love you guys!

ash