Chapter 11- Shock Convocation

Hermione stood in front of the mirror and look at her reflection while she touched up her makeup. She had been the bathroom for about an hour perfecting her look for her blind date. Hermione was wearing a sleeveless red dress that nearly touched the floor. She had picked it up a few months ago when she was shopping with Ginny. Her friend convinced her it was the perfect pick-me-up and she bought it, but this was the first time Hermione had worn it.

Hermione was setting her curls with some hairspray when someone started banging on the door like their life depended on it.

"How much longer are you going to spend in there?!?" The angry voice called.

Hermione sighed and put down the hairspray, collecting her makeup and beauty products in her arms and straining to shove them in the cupboard. She didn't have to nor want to answer to Draco Malfoy.

"Some other people have to use the bathroom too!" He shouted. "You know-"

She cut him off by opening the door and glaring at him. He looked shocked for a moment, giving her the once over. But this time, he lingered for a while longer. He soon, he regained composure.

"What have you gotten all dressed up for Granger?" He said with a glint in his eye, leaning against the doorway and blocking her path, his grey suit and green tie brushing against her ever so slightly.

"None of your business," Hermione murmured as she ducked under his arm to get to her trunk.

She heard him walk into the bathroom, but he did not shut the door. Hermione snuck a glance at him to see he was putting some gel into his hair. But it totally looks way better messy, she thought.

Hermione mentally slapped herself and turned back to her trunk to retrieve a pair of black high heels.

"Going off on a date, are we Granger?" He called. "Already forgotten about Weasley? How sad."

Hermione turned red but restrained herself from having an outburst and hitting him with a stinging jinx.

"Back off Malfoy, I'm just... going out." She said and walked down to the common room.

The common room was mostly empty except for a few first years Hermione didn't recognize and Luna, who was having avid conversation with Cho. Hermione felt her heart ache at the sight of the friends as she was really missing Ginny. She made a mental note to apologize her tomorrow. But right now was her date.

Hermione walked out of the common room and stepped into a closet to apparate.

~

Soon enough Hermione was sitting at the table that her date had reserved and sipping a glass of red wine. The waiter had come to her table to ask her if she was ready to order at least five times. She had been waiting for her mystery man for forty minutes. Hermione was beginning to think he wasn't going to turn up. It wouldn't make any sense, since by the looks of it, it was a very popular and expensive restaurant. The reservations would've cost a fortune.

She was ready to get up and leave when she heard the door of the restaurant open. Hermione didn't want to look desperate, so she remained still, looking at the pastas on the menu.

She heard the waiter usher him over to her table, and the clicks of his heeled formal shoes.

As they approached, she heard a gasp and despite the urge to do it, she didn't look up.

"Granger?!" He whispered as she looked up in shock into the grey eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating for a while, been at school n shiz. Don't worry about the cliffhanger, the next update is coming up very very soon.

ash

xx