Part 2

Trinity

»»»»§««««

"Austin! Come back, it's not safe out there!"

Another gun shot rang out, except this time, I heard an excruciatingly loud thump.

"Austin!" I screamed desperately.

I hurried toward the where the gunshot came from. I nearly tripped over a bleeding and whimpering Austin, who was lying on the ground, wincing in pain.

"Tr-Trinity, you were right. I should of stayed in the c-camp, I-I'm sorry." he stammered.

"That's not important right now, Austin. You're bleeding." I said with clenched teeth.

I tried to lean in closer to comfort him, but the closer I leaned in, the hungrier I became. It was like a magnetic force, I was being pulled in by my hunger.

"Do you think I'm going to make it, Trinity?" Austin hissed, cringing on the ground "Honestly?"

"I'm . . . I'm not sure. That wound looks really bad, Austin. Can you stand?"

He stood up and my mouth began to water. My hunger was growing stronger by the second, slowly trying to consume me.

"Are you okay, Trinity? Is something wrong?" he asked me slowly.

"It's nothing. I'm just having some . . . strange feelings."

"Look, Trinity, you're hot and all, but now is not a good time for this. Plus, your just not my type, I'm afraid."

"That's not what I meant, Austin. I just . . ."

I began to have dark and evil thoughts swirling around in my mind. Very dark.

"Austin, you need to back away from me. Right now!" I said, trying to maintain control of myself.

Austin's eyes grew wide. "What do you me-"

"There you two are! The girls and I heard the gunshots and were worried about you. We thought we had lost the both of you!" Victor said breathlessly.

"Not yet, I'm afraid." Austin sighed.

"What do you think we should do for him, Trinity? He's bleeding pretty badly."

Without hesitating, I replied, "We need to bring him back to the camp. For now, that's the safest place we have."

"Well, if I can get back there, I might as well try my hardest to do so," Austin said, trying to put on a brave face.

"Okay, let's go." My stomach growled.

We began our walk back to camp and Austin said, "Hey, Trinity, why are you looking at me like that? It feels like you are looking at me like . . . like I'm some sort of meal. I would appreciate if you would stop."

"I'm sorry, Austin. I don't know what's wrong with me lately . . . It's like I haven't been in complete control of myself recently."

"Being honest, I have been feeling the same way. That's why I felt like I had to leave the camp. I can hear your heartbeat from here. It's as if every step I take, the hungrier I get." 

"At least it's not just me . . ." I sighed.

"Look, we need to get you both back to camp and then separate you two immediately," said Jeremy, managing maintaining a steady pace.

"I couldn't agree more, honestly. It feels like I can't trust myself anymore," I said looking down.

"Let's just get you two back to camp first," Jeremy said with a frown.