Part 13

Lauren

»»»»§««««

After escaping the nightmare known as the Hunt, I thought I was finally free, but circumstances have brought me back into the game. And directly into danger...

"Give up now! There's no way out, freak! You're surrounded!"

'Oh shit, the guards! What should I do... I guess the only thing I could do, take them on.'

"Freak, huh? That's some big talk, but I'm not scared of the two of you."

"You sure as hell should be!" One yelled.

I walked forward and resumed "I'm going to give you two one chance to stand down. Take it or suffer." I crossed my arms.

"Now that's some big talk. This is what you get."

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Both of the guards blew the residue off of the top of their guns and the other one said "We tried to warn you, freak."

I stood up and said "You're right, I am a freak because that tickled! If you're going to try and kill me again, your going to have to try way harder! Why don't you just go and get your big boy guns, you'll need them to take me down!"

"This isn't over, freak." The men said and ran off.

"Damn that hurt!" I muttered.

"So it is true, Blackwell was able to successfully create yet another Child of Frankenstein. I don't even see your scars, they really did perfect you. You even feel pain! You, my dear, are a miracle!" The woman smiled.

"Why don't you tell that to the people who were killed for "spare parts!""

"Wow! You even have a conscience?"

"Of course I do!" I yelled. "Despite what you have been told or may think, I'm still a person!"

"You aren't understanding, a monster with a conscience is something unheard of. It's never been done!"

"And how many monsters have you met?"

"Honestly, not many. The ones I have met were not like you though. I'm impressed with what Dr. Rutherford was able to create. You are a vision of excellence!"

"Dr. Rutherford? Are you talking about James?" I asked confused.

"Yes. He was the one in charge of the creating process."

"He's dead. One of Blackwell's monsters killed him. The monster was his fiancé."

"He's dead?" The woman asked shocked.

"Yes and so many more are going to die with him if I don't stop them!"

"I can't believe it... Especially the fact that Blackwell had Evelina kill him herself. She was always so loyal, so dependent. It's a shame..."

"I can't stop what Blackwell has created by myself.. I need Jeremy's help."

"Wait, the other Child of Frankenstein?"