Part 16

Lauren

»»»»§««««

"Lauren?" A voice asked quietly. "Lauren, can you hear me?" The voice asked louder.

I opened my eyes to see Brody standing over me in worry.

"Can you stand?" He asked lending me a hand up.

I took it and asked "Where are we?"

"We broke into Blackwell Universal's Office Complex and a strange monster started chasing us. We took a dumbwaiter from the morgue to this lab to escape it."

"Brody, I know all of that already. I meant why was I unconscious?"

"Oh! I almost forgot about that. You passed out when you saw him." Brody said and pointed at Jeremy standing beside Brianna.

"Hello Lauren." His voice said again.

"Jeremy! You're back!" I rejoiced.

"Yeah, but everything's a little blurry."

"I just did what those instructions told me to, it was rather easy." Brody smiled.

"Hey, could I talk to Jeremy privately?" I asked the others and they scurried out of the room "Jeremy, I'm so happy. This is a miracle! You're back! It's hard to believe that I was able to bring you back."

"But why?" He asked firmly.

"Why? I'm not following."

"Why would you bring me back to life?"

"Because I need your help. Other groups of monsters, like us, are being hunted too. I have to figure out how to stop it, and I can't do it by myself. Also, I need you. I love you, Jeremy, and I need you in so many ways." I smiled.

"I understand the part about stopping these hunts, but you put other people's lives in danger. And all so that you could have your damn boyfriend back. That is selfish and ignorant and careless!" Jeremy said angrily.

"Jeremy, I-"

"No, Lauren. What you did isn't a questionable matter. It's black and white, that's all. Now we need to leave." Jeremy frowned and went inside the room where the others were.

"That looked like it hurt." Brianna said walking up to me. "Who is that anyway? Is it your boyfriend or something?"

"He's technically my husband-"

"Husband? Wow!"

"That's right."

"If he was my husband, I wouldn't ever let him talk to me like that." Brianna crossed her arms.

"It's not what it looks like. I have such strong, deep feelings for him, and the strangest part is that we were literally made to be together. I don't know what is wrong with him." I sighed.

"Well, people change. After all, we did just bring him back from the dead. That should affect something, right?"

"You're right, he'll probably just get over it."