Part 17

Lauren

»»»»§««««

We have lost yet another member of our group. After barely surviving the second Hunt, the girl whom we saved from Blackwell Universal's wrath, Ella, has been abducted and now it's up to us to save her.

"The tracks from the men end over there. I don't have a clue to where they might have gone..." I sighed.

"Well there has to be something. There has to be! Right?" Brody asked.

"Look, these guys are probably professionals. I highly doubt that they'd leave any trace of themselves behind."

"Well, maybe not here, but maybe somewhere else..." I wondered.

"So what now?"

"Why don't we just do what normal people do, call the police!" Brianna yelled.

"She has a good point, Lauren."

"The police can't be contacted. It's not an option. We can't trust anyone now. We are the only help we can get now."

"Excuse me? Lauren, are you insane? We need as much help as we can possibly get! They are literally here just to help us with difficult situations! I'm a good person and I'm trying to stick to the basic morals of life! It's common sense!" Brianna snapped.

"Look, Blackwell Universal has deep pockets. They are in charge of the police. Trust me, I've tried that option already. We are on our own. We have to be united."

"This is just getting worse..." Brody muttered.

"So what should we do now?"

"We need to find out where these guys have been, what they are up to now."

"Wait, didn't Ella try to call her parents?"

"Yes, why?" I asked.

"Maybe the people who took Ella hacked her parents phone line." Brody suggested.

"Or we could check local hotels. I'm positive that these guys didn't use their real names, but they had to stay somewhere. Plus, they might have a specific alias that we could learn." Brianna bargained.

"Or we could do what no one else would normally do, we could take Blackwell Universal on directly."

"Hell no! I am not going back into that monster factory! Ever!" Brianna yelled.

"I wasn't talking about the office complex. I was thinking about a more... subtle approach. Hacking a computer from one of their other lines. Whoever took Ella asked for this."

"So what should we do? Ella's parent's house, local hotel histories, or the direct approach?" Brody asked.

"I think we should take the direct approach. It might not be easy, but we need the information." I sighed.

"I'm going to check out Ella's parent's house. I am not comfortable going back into another Blackwell Universal death trap anytime soon!"

"Okay, I understand. Just be careful and on your guard when you go."

"I'll be good, I'll stop by the sorority house and get Jeremy to join me."