Part 4

Trinity

»»»»§««««

"This is only the beginning, my dear Trinity. Only the beginning. We will find you."

"Oh yeah? We will hunt you down! You will pay for this!" I retorted.

"Yeah! You can't mess with us!" Lauren agreed. "There are four of us and only one of you. The odds are in our favor in this fight!"

"Wow, I'm shaking. Just know, I'm not the only one hunting you anymore." The radio shut off.

"Hello? Damn, we lost him!" sighed Lauren wiping the sweat from her brow.

"Crap, I had a few more words to tell him. What do you think he meant by 'I'm not the only one hunting you anymore'?"

"I'm not certain. Do you think he was talking about the monster in the halls?"

"Whatever he meant doesn't change the fact that we need to leave. Now."

We headed towards the exit of the room to hear Karen and Jeremy.

"Is there anything so far?"

"No," Jeremy replied in a lifeless tone. "Nothing except for a few lousy animals here and there."

"That's not what I meant." Karen giggled. "I meant have you had any memories come back? Visions?"

"Not really. There's a flashback here and there, but they aren't me. It's like I was looking through someone else's eyes. I don't even begin to comprehend it. You?"

"I'm having the same thing, flashbacks. It just feels like so long ago, a past life. There was a man, a man I loved. Then there is death, pain, fear, and here I am now— I shouldn't of brought it up." Karen turned. "It's too painful to talk about. After all, we aren't living in the past. We are in the present. So let's focus on it."

"Karen, I didn't—"

"Ah, and look who's back. And not eaten!" Karen said sarcastically.

"Karen, please—" Jeremy began.

"Jeremy, I don't want to talk about it."

"Fine," Jeremy growled. "So Lauren, were you able to work the radio?"

Lauren and I flinched simultaneously. Lauren's eyes watered at the words Jeremy had asked. My body filled with a mixture of anger and fear.

"Look, we need to get out of here!" I pleaded.

"Oh great, what did you do this time, Trinity?" Karen snapped.

"Oh, real mature, Karen! I'd love to see you do something useful!"

"Oh, when I kill my friend and lead us into some abandoned hospital, I'll give you a call!"

"Geez, how many fights am I going to have to break up?" Jeremy whined.

"We got in touch with someone, but it wasn't help. We made contact with the man who has been trying to kill us." I crossed my arms.

"What?" Jeremy's eyes widened.

"Guys, he knows our exact location now. We can't stay here any longer. It's not safe." Lauren pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Well I'm not taking anymore of Trinity's demands! How about you, Lauren? You don't seem to want to kill any of us. What do you say we should do?" Karen smirked.

------------------

"Well... this hospital feels safer then going back outside. What do you think, Trinity?" Lauren asked looking at me cautiously.