Chapter 1

This story is posted on fanfic.net, and I thought I'll share the story on here too! Review, and vote if you enjoy it :).
_
"It's cold out there, Mikey! Where do you think, you're going?" Leonardo yelled, watching his brother grab a coat. Mike put it on himself, struggling to get it bypass his shell, and once he did his gaze hardened.

"I'm going where we should've gone a week ago!" Michelangelo yelled, he held his face with bitterness. He'd never thought he'd find himself fighting his big brother― his leader― with such frustration. He let out a breath he had been holding under unknown subconscious, something he did when he was irritated.

"I'm going to go save Donnie." He stood, shoulders squared, confident over himself.

"I-I know, we know that Shredder has Donnie right now… But it's snowing out there! We're cold blooded, Mikey! We can die from this weather!" Leo told him, grabbing Mikey by his wrist, and Leo struggled to remain calm, "I don't want anyone else to be captured or killed." He kept his tone hushed, eyes tainted with grief and concern. The two brothers' blue eyes locked in a gaze.

Mikey paused for one quick stare, setting his brother's expression in a reflection through his own. "I rather look for our brother instead of knowing he's dead― alone. I want Don to at least know we tried, Leo!" A harsh tug of the wrist and the once strong held grip collapsed on the release.

"I'm leaving."
_______________________________________

"I – Sensei, this isn't working. All I want is to have Donnie back, and stupid meditation isn't going to bring him back, or resolve my anger." Raphael shoulders slouch, and he gazed at his legs then up to Splinter. He knows that he nearly got himself killed trying to get Donnie during the past week, but Donnie still wasn't home. He would get himself killed any day, only if it meant that Donnie would be home, safe.

Raphael's green eyes held so much sadness, and anger towards Shredder, that Master Splinter saw the reflection of himself in those eyes. He, too, wanted vengeance when Tang Shen was killed by the Shredder, but it wasn't the answer. And as much as Splinter wanted his son back – if Don wasn't killed – he would go in a heartbeat.

"Raphael, my son. Your brothers and you have tried, twice, to bring back Donatello. You three would not last, especially in battle when your muscles are more tensed due to the weather. My son, I understand what you are going through, because Donatello is my son." Splinter placed his hand on his son's shoulder, not bringing up the reckless stunt Raph tried doing. Footbots and snow is what resulted in Donnie's capture, and Raph almost was killed by the same thing.

"Master Splinter –" Raph stopped talking mid-sentence as he heard his siblings argue. Splinter's ears drew up to listen. His gaze hardened, and he grabbed his cane.

"Come on, Raphael." Splinter urged, nearly running out of the dojo with Raph behind his heels to see what the commotion was about. Especially since it was always him that would fight, not Mikey.