Chapter 29

It didn't take too long for Raph to grab a Band-Aid and to only come back to find his brother missing. Raph's heart did some sort of sunken, skipped, fast beat. Donnie was never alone, not unless he was sleeping.

"Donnie?" Raph cried out, and he took a few daring steps forward, his grip on the Band-Aid tightened.

There was no answer.

Raph started to fast walk now. "Donnie, where the heck did you go?" His heart deafened his ears, and he didn't know where to go. He felt like he was going to have a panic attack. His hands started to sweat, and nearly called for his brothers' when he walked by the rooms, only to see Donnie sitting by the door.

Raph let out his breath, subconsciously holding it in and knelt to hug his brother. "Donnie," Raph said with a grunt, but he knew he shouldn't get mad at him. "Hey, no walking off like that!" Raph told him, perhaps a little too harshly. But the chance of another seizure relapse scared the heck out of him.

And the fact that Donnie wanders, and could leave the lair without knowing where he's going, scared him too. Raph never felt like this before. He never realized how much he was protecting Donnie since he came home.

Donnie pushed him, which made Raph come back to reality, and then Donnie pointed at the handle of the door. Voices muffled through the other side, but this was Donnie's room, so Raph wasn't invading anyone's personal space.

Raph released his hold on his brother, and grabbed the handle. Donnie grasped Raph's arm and used it to lift himself off the floor. Raph turned the handle, knocked roughly once, and went, "we're coming in."