Chapter 11

"Hey," Raph said shortly, sitting on one of the chairs by the table, watching Mike stir the soup. He toyed with his Sai, shoving his weapon in his belt and brought his hands on the wooden table.

"Hey Raph, what's up?" Mike asked and he looked at Raph. He fixed the unbalanced chef hat on his head.

"It's just gonna be the two of us – again." Raph said dryly, his fists tense. His eyes narrowed in a scowl, Master Splinter had told them all to take turns, and Leo wasn't doing his part.

"Augh, no, you gotta be kidding, brah. Leo seriously doesn't want to take care of our brother?" He scooped up the soup into a plastic bowl, his face woven in disappointment. He avoided eye contact, not wanting to show Raph his frustrations, and focused toward his brother's soup.

"He's acting like Donnie's dead or something! I tried knocking some sense into him, but he pulled that 'you don't understand' crap! Not understand my ass!" Raph slammed his fist on the table, but Mikey was used to Raph's outbursts.

Mike sighed tiredly, turning off the stove. "I have no problem of taking care of Dee. It's just, he barely sleeps and wakes up super early. I wanna take a nap." Mikey said honestly, his eyes becoming drowsier at the thought of it.

"Well, I can take Donnie of your hands after he's done eating." Raph perked his head up, giving Mikey a playful smug smile. "I was thinking to take him to the dojo."

"Really? That'd be awesome! Thanks, Raph!" Mikey's tiredness washed away, grinning like a dork. "I'll call you when Dee's done eating. What is he gonna do in the dojo?" Mike asked, now walking away from the kitchen.

"Nothing much." Raph replied bluntly, "a few stretches, or something."

"Sounds good to me." Mike hummed, knowing he could take a well-deserved nap after Donnie's done eating.

Maybe Donnie being… different, wasn't as hard as Mikey thought. Donnie was still Donnie in some ways, and he would never complain about the situation. He loved his brother no matter what state he's in.