Chapter 34

Their faces were flushed with exhaustion. After months of being stored inside, the three of them were relieved to be out and could make their lives as normal as possible. Even when they were missing one brother, and they couldn't split up anymore—it was kind of like the old times. Goofing around and eating pizza, but they wouldn't call it normal, not without Donnie.

"Dudes, it was a fun night." Mike told his two brothers, and he entered the lair.

"Yeah, but only because tonight was just training doesn't mean all nights will be fun." Leo jumped over the turnstile, and strolled in the lair. Donnie and maybe Master Splinter were asleep, and they didn't need to explain themselves why they were being so noisy.

"Way to ruin the fun, Leo." Raph said, "fighting bad guys are fun too, what are you talking about?" he asked, as he ducked under the turnstile, and crossed his arms.

"I'm talking about that we haven't fought without Donnie. I mean, yes, but Donnie hacks and helps when he's not fighting. It's not gonna be easy without him." Leo stated, they all knew, but they never saw the day of the snow stopping and the kind of sunny spring coming out. New York's Spring was still chilly.

"Of course not, Leo." Raph said, "we need you too, and me and even Mikey." He pointed at Mike, and noticed he was focusing on something, but ignored it. "So, it's not going to be easy, but we'll figure out a way."

Before Leo can speak, Mikey interrupted their conversation.

"Bros?"

Both Leo and Raph's heart skipped a beat. When Mikey's voice got like that, questionable and small, they worry something happened to Donnie—but Donnie was in bed…

"What is it, Mike?" Leo asked, stepping towards him.

"Did any of you two left the T.V. on?"

"No? Raph?" Leo turned to Raph, and so did Mikey. They've left the T.V. on several times, but this wasn't making sense.

"I didn't." Raph said, "I turned it off after the Nerd tried fixing it." He jabbed a thumb towards Donnie's room and walked towards his two brothers.

"Well, it's on Donnie's channel, and it wasn't working before, you don't think…?" Mikey left his sentence unfinished, eying his brothers with curiosity.

"It was Sensei." Raph waved a hand like it was nothing. He knew for a fact that Splinter can't fix technological stuff, but it couldn't be…no.

"It was not I, my sons." Splinter came out of nowhere, and his hands were behind his back, and they could see his teeth in that smile of his. He stood behind Raph and Leo, eyes twinkling in happiness.

"Then…" Mikey looked at the T.V. his heart jumping in happiness and confusion. "Do you think it was…?"

The T.V. illumined in the dark, the volume was on a low setting, but to them everything was loud and clear.

… Donnie.
____

A/N: Thank you guys so much for sticking with me throughout this story. (And thank you for my beta for helping me, I wouldn't have done it without you!)

It's been fun, but sadly this is the end. Now before you go begging for more, hear me out. I'm not the best with long fanfics, and I made it short before it becomes repetitive and boring. Hopefully this chapter answers most questions, and if not then send a request on my Tumblr: fevertw, dudes. Love you! :)