Chapter 30

"I don't know… I just wanted everything to be okay… to be normal." Mike words were muffled against Leo's shoulder, and his body slacked.

Leo silently listened to him, he felt the same way, he avoided Donnie because he feared change. He didn't know what to do with the situation at hand, and even when he apologized, it just wasn't the same.

"Mikey…" Leo said in a whisper, and his heart stiffened when Mikey clutch tightened. "We don't have to make everything normal, again. All we need to do is be there for him." Mikey looked up at him, eyes glossed. He sniffled, and Leo rubbed his head.

"I know it's been hard for you, and I'm sorry I haven't been the best brother. But I won't do that again." Mike gave him a watery smile, and released his death grip. Leo exhaled, but tried not making it noticeable for Mike.

"Yeah that was pretty stupid of you, dude." Mikey laughed, and rubbed his eyes, reality hitting him. "I just feel bad, now." Mike whispered, and stared at his lap. He sat back on the floor. "I think Donnie's scared of me." He pouted, and folded his arms to give himself a hug. "I didn't mean to scare him," his voice drowned to a murmur, "I just wanted him to do something the old Don would do, y'know?"

"Yeah I know." Leo's smile faltered; "I understand, completely understand. Just know that Donnie's still here with us."

"Yeah, –" Mike wavered, hearing a voice, Raph's voice, right outside the door. There was a rough knock, and Mike jumped up and wiped his tears.

"We're coming in."

Leo and Mike stared silently at each other, before both started to clean up the tools and nails. Raph came in with a reluctant Donnie, before Raph could say a word, Donnie pushed past him and plopped down on his bed.

"Nerd wanted to come here." Raph said, and watched as Donnie rub his eyes. "Pretty sure he's tired."

Mike bowed his head and his lips fastened shut. Leo wordlessly continued to clean up the mess, and Mikey sat on the edge of the bed.

Raph walked past Leo, and sat by Donnie. Don kicked his legs back and forth, and Raph chuckled. "Calm down, will ya?"

His hands approached his brother's right leg, pushing it down so he can rest it on the bed. "I need to patch you up."

Mikey turned to look at Raph, "he got hurt?" He asked in shock, his lips tugging to a frown.

Raph placed the bandage on Donnie's cut, and shrugged. "Yeah, but he's fine. It was a small cut, nothing too bad."

Mike looked at Donnie, sadly.

Leo calmly touched Mikey's shoulder, "I'm going to put this away." He gestured the tool box, and as Mikey nodded, he left the room within seconds.

"I'm sorry, Donnie." Mikey finally spoke, and Donnie was still lying on his shell. Mike approached him. "I didn't mean for you to get hurt." Raph helped Donnie sit up, and Donnie simply stared at him. He didn't laugh nor smiled, just stared like he never met him before. Raph draped his arms around Donnie, and Don looked at him.

"Come on, give him a hug." He cheered on, and Donnie nodded and shook his head. "Just do it." He whispered, and gave Donnie a nudge.

Leo came back to the room, and quietly sat next to Raph, who slowly released his hold on Donnie.

Donnie cautiously scooted forward, and he wasn't sure where to put his arms. Simply, he raised both his arms and wrapped it around Mikey's neck and pulled him towards him.

Mike groaned with an, "Ouh." And patted Donnie shell. Don laughed, and squeezed Mikey a little too tight for his liking. Mikey was all for hugs, and even he smothered people in his hugs, but he felt like he was choking.

"Thank you, buddy." Mike choked out, and cocked his head to Donnie's side in hope he would release the strong hold, but he didn't. Mike looked up at him. "Uh…You can let go now."

Donnie didn't, and Raph had to come in and make Donnie remove his lanky arms from Mikey. Mike rubbed the back of his neck, but his smile didn't falter. He placed his hands from behind, and felt something soft. He whirled around to find Donnie's stuff bear discarded on the end of the bed and reached it.

"Hey buddy, look!" He shook the bear like he was trying to give a dog their attention. Donnie immediately grinned, and took the bear off Mikey's hands.

"Aww, Dee, you really love that bear, right guys?" Mike's grin wasn't as wide as Donnie's, but it was close to it. Raph rubbed Donnie's shell, and Leo nodded towards Mikey.

Don grabbed the bear by its arm, and pulled it up where everyone can see. He then proceeded to bring the bear to his chest and gave it a hard-crushing hug, like he did to Mike a few minutes ago.

His brown eyes lit up, and mouth opened.

Mike was about to speak, but he was beaten.

"Be-bear!"
__
TBC