Chapter 13

Donnie suddenly drew a breath as his eyes widened. His fingers locking, as if he tightened his fingers in a bend; his forehead creased in distress. Donnie leaned against his father's hold as he looked around, pupils back to normal.

"What happened?" Mikey asked, almost angry. He wiped his tears with the bandages that wrapped around his wrist.

"Donatello had a seizure, Michelangelo." His Sensei answered, watching Donnie's eyes glance at Mikey to Raph then up to him. Splinter kissed his forehead, and Don responded with a toothy smile. Splinter smiled back, caressing his son closer to him. He then looked up when Leo came with the glass of water.

"Can you stop them, Sensei?" Mikey asked, feeling Raph rub his head to soothe him.

"Seizures cannot be avoided, but what I did helped Donatello to pass through it. Turning him to his side helps from him choking on his own saliva, and holding his head helps from stopping future damage, my son." He answered, heaving Donnie up.

"Do you think you can drink water, Donatello?"

Donnie tilted his head at his father's question, he looked at the water and smiled. He shakily raised his hand to grab the glass himself, but Leo kneeled in front of him and softly pushed his hand down. "Here, little bro." He held Donnie's chin up, allowing him to take a few sips before pulling the cup back. Don smacked his lips as he leaned against Splinter once again, suddenly feeling tired.

"So, Sensei, you're telling me that the head injury caused Donnie's seizure?" Raph spoke up, his emerald green eyes gazing back at Mikey's.

"Yes, my son." Splinter replied as Donnie sat himself up more. "Let us hope that the other ones are no longer nor worse."

"Wait, other ones?" Raph asked, brows furrowing.

"Yes, Raphael. Seizures come and go. I am hoping this would be the last seizure, but I do not fully know."

Raph nodded in understanding, his eyes landing to Donnie's. His poor brother, Raph wished he could take away his pain.

"Leonardo." Splinter slowly got up, caressing his injured sons' forehead one last time; "May you please take your brother to his bedroom so he can rest?" Leo reluctantly obeyed his father, he did a semi-bow before gathering his brother in his arms. Leo placed Don's head on the crook of his elbow, though he never noticed how frail Donnie was.

His two brothers stared at him. He felt it on the back of his neck. Leo hadn't exactly been a role model when it came to Don. So, when Master Splinter ordered him to take Donatello to get some rest, Leonardo was pretty sure his indifference hadn't gone unnoticed.

Slowly, the leader walked out of the dojo, hearing Mikey sob to their father from the stress of watching him convulse. It scared Leo too, but there was nothing that could fix it. He remembered Don teaching him about seizures, before Leo bated an eye and stopped listening to his rambling.

He wished he listened to his brother when he had the chance.

The leader opened the door, entering Donatello's room slowly. There was a stack of unfinished bowls of soup from the last couple days and he grimaced how many bloody bandages were in the trash can near the bed. Leo closed his eyes for a moment, recalling his last fight with Don and him... If only Donnie listened...

Leo clumsily opened the blanket and placed his brother in, before opening the door and leaving him alone. Donnie rested his head on the pillow, exhaling shakily before almost immediately falling asleep. The leader left him alone for now, who knows how long it'll be for Donnie to wake anyway. The stress was still in Leo's system…Maybe some meditation can clear his mind –it has been a long week, for everyone.