Phone Numbers

"Happy New Years!" Izzy ran over to me.

"Hi! Happy New Years. I wanted to text you over break, but I didn't have your number," I actually spoke normally. Maybe being friends wouldn't be so hard.

"Can I see your phone?" She asked and I almost screamed in excitement.

"Oh, uh, yeah! I mean, uh, well, it's an iPod but I still text and stuff on it," I say when I get control over myself again.

"Doesn't matter, gimme!" I swear she was so adorable.

I handed her my iPod and she handed me her phone.

"Oh, uh..." I start.

"Make a contact, Silly."

"Oh, right."

I add my contact info and turn to give her phone back.

"There's no picture," Izzy says.

"What?"

"A picture of you in my contacts, you never put one in."

"Oh, right, sorry."

"Here, smile!" She demanded.

I did as I was told. We talked a bit about the winter vacation, and I kept embarrassing myself because I can never talk when she's around, and then said goodbye to tune our instruments.

I can't believe it! I'm becoming friends with Izzy! I actually have Izzy's number!

But now Jess isn't here today and neither is Jo so I'll have to be all awkward and alone. At least I'll be able to complain about how annoying it is here with no friends to Maureen on the bus tomorrow. Well there is Izzy now, but I get really awkward around her still.