Niece-in-law

"How is my niece-in-law?" Maureen asks with a smirk as I sit next to her on the bus.

"Huh?"

"I know you had orchestra! How was she?" She screamed more than asked, resulting in a rather rude shh from the bus driver. I just groan.

"You know your not my real aunt right? It's a game."

"Don't you talk to your superior amazing, favorite, awesome, crazy, aunt like that!" She exclaims. She only keeps a straight face for about three seconds after that before bursting out laughing and I join in as soon as she starts. See our friend group takes the whole 'close enough to be family' type of friendship to a much weirder level.

"Whatever," she says while collecting herself, "Just speak of my future niece-in-law!"

"Is that even a thing?"

"It is in my language you woolabee! Speak!"

We end up just laughing again.

But truth be told about Izzy, I'm not sure how smart of an idea it was to become friends with her. We've grown really close over a month, it now being the very end of January, but only close as friends. We are pretty close friends now. We text about everyday and I can talk around her without freezing up or stuttering. It's a little upsetting how she never actually referred to me as her friend. I mean, by now we obviously are. It's just she never said it. But that doesn't really matter as long as we stay friends.

Don't get me wrong, I still have feelings for her! I still stare at her beauty when she's not looking, but not in a creepy way of course. I still listen to her soft and gentle violin playing with great care. I still smile on my saddest days just because I see her smile. I still pay attention to every single little thing about her.

Just now I don't know if I'd be able to tell her how I felt. I don't want to ruin this wonderful friendship we've built. Of corse I want something more, but if she doesn't feel the same way I don't want to go back to having anything less then we have now. Honestly I don't even know if she likes girls!

Maybe I can just figure out how she feels and then decide what to do. The only problem is that the only one who knows how she feels is Izzy herself.