Almost Date

"Hey!" Izzy runs up and basically tackles me to greet me in the parking lot.

"Wah!" I Yelp and I stumble forward laughing.

"So, um, are you, you know doing anything Friday?" She asks shyly.

"What?" I ask sharply. It sounds as if she's asking me out. My heart is doing that flippy-over thing she makes it do.

"Oh, um, Friday is my birthday and I was wondering if you wanted to see a movie with me. Only if you want though! I mean we never really hung out outside of rehearsals but it would be nice you know? Seeing a movie with a, close friend."

It sounded like she didn't know what to call me at the end of that. I frowned on the inside and mentally scolded myself for actually thinking she would ask me on a date. But I quickly recovered and turned my attention back to Izzy.

"Yeah! That would be great! I'm sure I can go," I pause before realizing something, "Wait! Omg it's almost your birthday! I need to get you something still! Omg how old are you even turning?" I start jumping up and down as she laughs.

"Sixteen," she says shyly.

"Sixteen!" I screech, "So you are six months and ten days older than me! I didn't know that!"

"Whatever, I gotta tune up. I'll text you the details later."

"Okay fine, leave me alone!" I  say sarcastically to her.

"Your not alone!" She calls.

"Wha-" I start but am cut of by Jess screaming "boo!" In my face.

I yelp again before laughing again as I see Izzy smile towards me.