After The Movies

~apologizing in advance~

It was just me and Izzy when we went to see the movie.  She didn't invite anyone else, her parents were working, and her older sister just couldn't be bothered with coming. It was nice. I was getting pretty good at hiding my feelings for Izzy and just focusing on our friendship around her.

We saw some comedy that made us laugh so hard we cried a few times. I never realized how beautiful her laugh was before.

We were laughing now, too, as we walked down the cold streets back home. It was only eight so our parents were fine with us doing so so long as we stick together and had our phones on us. I was going to spend the night at Izzy's house too for her little party. She was gonna have a few more friends come over at like nine thirty
So it wasn't just the two of us.

Anyway it was eight o'clock in winter so it was dark. We were walking and laughing and ignoring the cold since it wasn't that bad tonight. We only saw a few other people who either ignored us or simply said a quick hello without stopping. But then someone did stop and they stopped us, too.

A tall, dirty blonde boy, who looked just a little older than Izzy, stopped us and grinned.

"Izzy, is that you?" He said with a smirk. I noticed an immediate change in Izzy as she basically closed herself off and looked down. I've never seen her act so small. Even her voice sounded helpless when she tried to speak.

"Just g-go away." I never heard her stutter before.

"Now why would I do that? I found my girlfriend and it's her birthday! Can't I stay with her?"

Girlfriend? Izzy was dating someone? She never even mentioned a guy before and now here is someone who is saying he's her boyfriend. My heart shattered inside as I looked to my friend. Friend.

"Girlfriend? You didn't tell me-" I focused hard on keeping a straight face and calm time and was gratefully relieved when she cut me off so I didn't have to talk anymore.

"We aren't dating!" She says quickly. I relax a bit but am confused at what's going on still.

"Aw, babe, don't say that!" He protested against her remark.

"Don't call me babe! We are over and we have been for a while! Let's just go Laney." Izzy grabs my hand and starts to pull me past he boy but he grabs her and pulls her back. She is still squeezing my hand tightly, though.

"Babe, come on. I gave you three months to remember who you really are. Time to come back to me now," he smirks.

"No! Get off me!"

"Shh, shh, babydoll. Just relax and come with me."

"She said get off!" I yell at the guy.

"And who are you? Are you the one who made my little babydoll confused?" He turns his attention to me.

"Shut up, Nick! I'm not confused! I am who I am can you please just let us go?" She tries to pull me away again but the boy, Nick, pulled us back again.

"No, I won't let you. I know you Babe, you are not some dumb freak! You wouldn't have dumped me for some girl! You are mine!"

"Well sorry to break it to you but wven if I did still think I was straight I would've dumped you a long time ago. I'd rather be single then dating a sixteen year old with an alcohol problem! I don't even know why I was with you in the first place!"

"Because you love me."

"I don't love you! I am in a happy relationship with my girlfriend currently and am proud to be who I am!"