chapter 21

Jacob's P.O.V:

Everything Andy said was true. I couldn't take what she was saying, so I left.

My father was never there for me. He spent his days working, cheating on my mother, or staying, drinking at the local bar.

When Andy pointed out that I wasn't taking responsibility for my other child, the first thing I thought about was my father. He treated my mother and I like third place trophy; Not important and uncherished. His job and love affairs were his golden first place trophies.

I saw that I was becoming JUST like him. I promised myself that I would NEVER be like him. Yet, here I am. An exact replica of him. I've even lost my smile, just like him.

I'm not ready to see Patty because I know that if I see her, my words won't be nice. She could've been a woman and told me herself.

There are some things I'm wondering anyways. The affair only lasted for two days. How did she find out that she was pregnant so quick? Did she fake the pregnancy? She is known for sleeping around. I'm not saying there ISN'T a possibility though. I'm gonna step up if the baby is mine.

Until I can get my attitude against Patty cooled down, I'm gonna go home. It's been about an hour since I stormed out. Not that Andy would care. I bet she isn't worried at all, I did hurt her bad.

>>>>><<<<<

"Honey, I'm home!" I came in the house with a bouquet of red tulips in hand. I got them for Andy because they're her favorite. I shouldn't have ran out like that. She at least deserves an explanation.

"Y'all can cut the act now." I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, hello Arletha." I greeted.

"So DD told me what happened. It was after I over heard your little argument." Arletha got up from the couch where her and Andy sat. "I had to pry it out of her but I was lucky I did. Come here." I did what she said and sat down.

"Andrea Beatrice Coleman, you know that your father did the same thing to me. I never took him back and look at the situation that put me in. It was a little different but still the same plot. Jacob made a mistake, I obviously see that he's trying to make it right. Give him a chance. I want both of you to sort out your problems. Not just for yourselves, but for my granbabies. Don't come out until y'all solve at LEAST one problem. Understood?"

"Yes mama." Andy grumbled. I nodded.

"Good. It's getting late, I'll see y'all tomorrow." Arletha opened the door and walked out and to Andy's condo right next door.

"Well, goodnight." Andy said. She stood up and began to walk to the room.

"Wait, what are you doing? Didn't you hear what your mom said?"

"Jacob, I'm a grown ass woman, I'm tired, and pregnant. Let me go to bed."

"Nuh uh. Not until we solve ONE problem Andy."

"Fine, which one?"

"I've always told myself that when I had kids, I'd at least have a house and be married to them."

"Are you proposing? Because if you are the answer is 'hell no'."

"No, I'm not proposing. Move in with me Andy. I want my daughters to have a family with both parents under the same roof."

"Hell no. Problem solved, can I go to bed now?"

"No. Not until we SOLVE a problem Andrea Beatrice Coleman."

"Don't call me by my government name little Boy." Andy raised her hand at me defensively.

I smirked at her. "You and I both know that I'm not little." She blushed and stormed into the other room.

"Goodnight Jacob." She said.

"Will you at least tell me why your mom said she was in the same situation?"

She sighed but agrees to tell me. "C'mon." She takes off her cream top and pencil skirt then lay down in nothing but her bra and underwear. "You're not getting any so don't get your hopes up." The only reason she got undressed in front of me is because she's used to it. It's this three digit heat that makes her sleep in her undergarments anyways.

I keep my clothes on and lay on the covers. "Can you give me the long version please?"

"Sure, but don't interrupt." She says. Now she beings. "My mama and daddy met when my mama was eighteen and him twenty-six. They dated for about a year and a half or so then they had me. After that my daddy cheated when I was about one years old. He would always leave my mama alone to pay the bills and fend for herself and I. But that's only because my mama would do the same thing. One day my daddy officially left then tried to come back but it was too late. My mama had already found Giovanni's bum ass dad then a month later she was made. She never took him back but she took GeGe back after he did sooo much worse. My daddy only cheated once though."

"So whose the bad guy in the story?" I asked.

She shrugged. "I used to think it was my mama because she met GeGe and it caused her so much pain. Then I used to blame my daddy because at the time I thought my mama was perfect, I wondered why he would cheat on her that one time"

"Why is it that you say 'used to' when you describe your mom as perfect?"

"I love my mother but she's a hypocrite. She's always calling my daddy a cheater when she cheats more. She's been with a married man, one that dated our cousin, and one other I was too young to remember."

"And your dad?" I want to know more about Andrea.

"He's a complicated person. He would always get a girlfriend and my older sisters and I would see him less. Once I didn't see him for a whole year because of his wife. He tried his best to see me more after I confronted him about it but after a while he started again."

"You have older sisters?" How am I just now finding out about them.

"Yep. One's thirty one and the others twenty nine. We all look like triplets because of my father's genes. I even have three nieces. They're all around nine or ten now."

"Why is it that this is the first time I've heard of them?"

"I don't know J. My older sisters and I don't have the same mother, although my mama treated them like her own. I never had a strong relationship with them. Maybe with Sasha, but not with Xavia."

"Oh. What about Giovanni and Niairi's dad."

"I think you meant 'dads'. Giovanni's dad was abusive to my mother. He's incarcerated as of now and Niairi's dad isn't in the picture. He purposely knocked up my mama then left." Andy seemed to be getting angry just by the thought of her sibling's fathers. "Anything else you need to know?"

"No. You should go to bed now. You and the babies need all the rest you can get. Goodnight." I kissed her forming baby belly the walked into the living room.

I now have a better understanding of what Arletha was saying. Arletha thinks that history is going to repeat itself. I can't help but wonder if Andy is going to forgive me so soon.

Will she?

.

.

.

.

.

A/N: This chapter was just so you can get to know Andrea a little more. There might've been some foreshadowing in this chapter as well. I'll probably describe more things about Jacob in the next chapter as well.

Baby names can still be suggested. I haven't chosen yet. And I was thinking that J would be played by a young Colin farrell. What do ya' think? I don't know about you, but I like my men a little older. Like Ryan gosling, Leonardo DiCaprio, ben affleck, etc. Those are just my top husbands <3

Anywhooo! I hope you liked the chapter :-)

-ⓕⓐⓘⓣⓗ