Sunday morning

When Amy woke up Sunday morning it was half 8 and Rory was still asleep. She looked at him as she sat up and got out of bed, putting her dressing gown on. She was halfway to the door when Rory woke up.

"Hey, where you going? It's Sunday morning and the kids aren't here, come back to bed".

"I'm just a bit thirsty that's all, I need a glass of water". She carried on towards the door and opened it.

"Amy..." He sat up in the bed, "what's wrong?"

She looked back at him and sighed tearing up, "I just really miss Leadworth".

"Hey come on, don't cry, everything is supposed to be on pause remember". He went over to her and hugged her, "please don't cry, I want this weekend to just be about us, no drama".

She sat down on the bed, "I'm sorry Rory, I'm ruining the weekend for you".

He sat down next to her and took hold of her hand, "don't be silly Amy, I get that you've had a lot to deal with recently, how about we go back to sleep for half an hour and then we go out for breakfast, my treat".

She nodded and wiped her eyes, "I'd like that". She took her dressing gown off and lay down, cuddling into Rory as he lay back down next to her, "I love you".

"I love you too" he kissed her head and went to sleep, Amy falling asleep in his arms.