Chapter 1

"Ow!"

"Move it loser!" She said with a hand on her hip as she continued to walk with her minions at her side.

She just 'bumped' into me and made me drop all of my books.

'What an ass' I thought.

She's not a bully, but she's known as the most popular girl in school. That's why she has minions. Compared to her, yes I'm a loser... But compared to myself I'm just a normal girl in school... That has a boring life.

"Yah! Areum! Are you okay?" My best friend, Hyori runs over to me and helps me up.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said as I take her hand and get up. Then a hand holding all of my books gets in my face. "Here you go." Hyori hands me my books.

"You need to stand up to her you know, this is starting to become a daily thing." She's concerned for me. "She either shoves you, pushes you, calls you names.. What's next? Something worse probably." She says answering her own question.

"I will. One day." I say full of confidence. 'Never' I thought. "Yah, Let's just get to class." I said making my way to our Home Economics class, Hyori following me.

We made our way inside, sitting in our seats. In our class Mrs. Kai made me sit next Kim Seokjin, everyone calls him Jin.

"Annyeonghaseyo Areum-ah!" Jin greeted me, it was second period and he greets me often by second period. I greet him back with a weak smile.

Hyori comes up to our desk and says pointing at me, "I'm not kidding Areum you better stand up to her or I'm gonna-"

The bell rings and interrupts her, "Yah Hyori, sit down the teacher's coming."

Mrs. Kai walks in. "Good morning class, I hope your weekend went well.. Take out your project that is due today."

The entire class starts going through their book bags. We were assigned a project individually, we had to create our very own recipe, give it a name, and bring it to class. I was feeling sick over the weekend and wasn't able to do my own dish but since it was graded I asked my mom for an old recipe that grandma used to make and change its name. I looked over at Jin's dish and it looks like he went hardcore on his assignment.

"Yah Jin, your dish looks really good." I said staring at his dish. "Thank you, yours looks traditional." He smiled at me.

"Thanks!" I say.. After handing in our dishes and the teacher walks away, Jin leans over to me and whispers, "So what was Hyori talking about earlier?"

"Oh nothing." I say as my smile fades away and I start to play around with my pen. I could tell Jin realizes as he continues to talk to me. "It's little Ms. Popular again isn't it?," he questions me trying to look into my eyes.

I try to ignore his question by looking behind me pretending to care if the whole class is here or not. "Is anyone missing today?" He realizes I'm changing the subject, "Yah, what did she do this time?" He questions me again. "The usual 'Monday routine'" I said in a sarcastic voice. "All she did was drop my books... Again."

"I know standing up to a bully is hard but you need to–" he said before I interrupted him, "Look I've been dealing with this my whole life, I know how to handle it." I snapped at him. He then looks away and there's an awkward silence between us throughout the rest of the lesson.

***

Once the bell rang I looked over to him as he was packing up his stuff. "I'm sorry" I said. "Araseo" he said still not looking at me. "I'll see you after break." He puts his book bag over his shoulder and leaves the class.

I start to walk over to my math class murmuring to myself, I shouldn't have snapped at him. He was only trying to help. But it was true. I have been going through this situation my whole life... No one but Hyori knows what I go through at home. It's like I suffer twice. Because she's there. She's everywhere. And I'm always compared to her.

I mean little Ms. Popular is my sister.