Chapter 8

Come find me.

"Umm" I turn off my phone and look up at Sung-yeol. "I have to go, here's the money.." I say as I start to dig in my bag for cash.

"I got it, you just go." He said.

I smile and take a breath of relief. "Gamhamsamida" I say, bow and run to the entrance of the food court.

Where is he?

I'm looking all over for him.

Where are you? You know I don't like creepy stalkers. -Areum

I sent him a text message. I go outside and start walking. He's nowhere to be found. I suddenly feel someone following me. I turn to look and its someone in a dark black hoodie. I hastened my footsteps, he's still following me. I head towards the park... Still.

I turn around, walking backwards. "Who are you? What do you want?" I asked, stuttering to the mysterious person.

He's still walking. I continue to walk backward, I stumble a little as I stopped. My hands search for what's behind me, a big wall. I lean against it. He stops, right in front of me. He puts a hand against the wall, his arm across my shoulder.

I can't see his face. No matter how close he gets to me. It's quiet. Then all of a sudden, he bursts out into laughter. He steps back and takes off his hoodie.

"KIM TAEHYUNG YOU BASTARD!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU??!" I yell at him.

He stops laughing and glares at me. "What did you just call me?" He says seriously. I gulp. He might actually harm me.

Then again he bursts out into laughter.

Aish, this kid seriously.

I give up on trying to get him to talk and start to head home.

"Yah punk! Where are you going?" He asks as he catches up to me, walking beside me.

"Home. Where else?" I say sarcastically.

I continue walking and so does he. "So how was your little date. I didn't know you liked Sung-Yeol." He says. I know he's teasing me. Wait. Did he see... "Did you see us kiss?" I asked. Well technically we didn't kiss but still.

"Wahh you guys kissed?!" I hear his voice say but I wasn't able to catch his reaction. Although his voice did sounded worried and concerned, he then cleared his throat and chuckled.

"Well no, we.." I trailed off and took a deep breath. "We were about to, when you texted me."

"Aww boo hoo, Areum-ah didn't get her true love kiss?" He's teasing me. "But... What made you want to kiss him?" He slightly stuttered.

I think about his question. "Um..... He told me my smile was convincing and pretty. So.." I say, "do you think I'm pretty?"

What? What did I just say? This was the only question on my mind. For some reason my mind keeps referring to this one question.

He stays quiet. "Who told you that you're pretty?" He asks. I stop walking and so does he. He stands right next to me. " Well do you?" I ask again. I look at his face. It's hard to tell but he's blushing.

He must get nervous when girls ask him these type of questions. Again he's quiet. "Please, you're not even close to attractive, I would never think of you in that way ever." He says.

I stay quiet and continue walking. He follows and catches up so he could walk beside me.

Its quiet again. We're two houses down from my house and he finally speaks. " Yah, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings." I look up from my feet, "what are you talking about?"

"I'm sorry for calling you unattractive, you seemed really quiet and less happy when I said that." he says. He seems really apologetic.
I chuckle, "I wasn't hurt, I get comments like that all the time." I say casually.

"But I feel like I really hurt you" he says, now he's worried. 

We're finally at my house. I start to open my door, "Taehyung it's okay. I've been through worse." My door opens. He grunts as he pushes my door out of the way. He storms inside my house and plops himself on my living room couch.

"What are you doing?" I whispered to him. I look around to see if my parents were here. "Nari-unnie?" I say. She's not here. Neither are my parents. "You're lucky my parents aren't here." I tell Taehyung.

"I'm sorry for calling you unattractive, you're really pretty actually." He says with what I sense is his guilt. "Yah, I said its okay. You don't have to feel sorry." I say to him.

"But I do feel sorry.." He pauses, "I'll make it up to you." "How?" I asked. "I'll treat you to ice cream." he says with his weird smile. "Fine." I go to my room and drop off my book bag. On my way back into the living room, I stumble on a table's leg. That hurt, like really bad.

"Aish! Ow, ow, ow!!" I say out loud. I hold my foot and hop on my left leg. Taehyung comes running over to me. "Are you okay?" He says.

I lose my balance and fall. I fall frontward and fall into Taehyung's arms. H caught me. I didn't expect him to do it but he did. I'm in his arms, literally. I look up and stare into his brown eyes. He did the same.

"I caught you" he said with a breath of relief. He broke out a smile. "Yeah, you did" I said smiling brightly.