Chapter 16

"Yah JEONG SUNG-YEOL" I screamed my lungs out.

He stops kissing her and quickly looks over at me, surprised.

"you-" I start to say.

"Areum-ah, its not what it looks like." He says to me pleadingly.

"I hate you." I say firmly. I feel tears fall down my face. "I-" i can't even say anything. I'm speechless. I storm out of the bathroom and sit at a park.

At the park, little girls are laughing. Mothers are talking. Baby boys are crying and dogs are barking.

And me.... A high school girl, crying over a stupid relationship. He was my first boyfriend. Is he worth crying for? Is he worth anything?

Am I worth anything?

I continue to cry. I'm sobbing basically.

At that moment Taehyung runs into the park. I hear his footsteps and I look up.

He's looking for me. I see his face and his nose is bleeding. His hands are bruised.

He sees me and runs over. "Areum-ah.. are you okay?" he says to me.

"Me? What about you?" I say looking at all his bruises.

"I'm... fine" He says, he pauses. "I tried to warn you... I don't wanna say 'I told you so'."

I look down at my feet. I can see my tears fall to the floor.

He lifts up my chin and stares directly into my eyes. His eyes sparkle and I feel myself get red.

He gives a soft gentle smile and he wipes my tears away. "You don't deserve him. You know that right?" He tells me.

I blink my watery eyes and I look at him.
He can be really sweet.

"Thanks Taehyung" I say softly, I practically whispered.

"Do you want to sleep over at my house tonight?" He asks and I say yes.

I get up and we start to leave the park. As we get close to the exit it starts to drizzle. Thunder claps and the drizzle gets harder, it's pouring now.

"Oh great, just to make this day even better." I sigh.
"Here." Taehyung takes off his leather jacket and puts it on my shoulders. I pause and I don't move while he does it. I just look straight. And what do I see? Taehyung in his short sleeve white shirt, walking with his hands stuffed in his jean pockets, getting soaked.

Is he crazy? He's gonna get really sick.

The next morning my phone's alarm goes off. I wake up, I get dressed and go to Taehyung's room.

He's not there.

I run to the kitchen to see if he's there.... no one. Just a plate of eggs, bacon and some waffles set in on the counter.

He went to school already?

After eating half of the food, I grab my bag and leave for school.

I'm at my locker and I still don't see Taehyung. Hyori and Hui are at my locker.

"Hey guys" I say. "How's your sister?" Hyori asks.
"Can there be anything different about her?" I reply.

"How was your special anniversary date?" Hui asks right after.

I close my locker door softly and look down at the floor. "I don't wanna see that selfish jerk ever again." I say somewhat angrily.

"What?"... "Did he forget?" Hui says right after Hyori.

"Worst." I pause and look up at the both of them. "Taehyung took me somewhere as the bell rang... I didn't know where he was going at first but he took me to Sung-Yeol. And there he was, full-blown make out session with some girl." I tell them.

They both stay quiet and exchange looks.

Hui turns around storms off and says aloud, "where the hell is he?"

Hyori and I run up to catch her "Hui-ah, calm down" I say.

"So Taehyung—" Hyori starts to say. "Taehyung tried to warn me." I tell her. "Speaking of him.. have you guys seen him?" I ask.

"That's why~" Hui says, sighing almost.

Why what?

"Areum-ah, Taehyung and Sung-yeol got into a big fight yesterday." Hyori starts to say.

My mind pictures Taehyung and how he looked yesterday.

"The fight was so bad... Taehyung got suspended."

Suspended?.... is he nuts?

"Do you guys know for how long?" I ask.

They shake their head and look at me. "Thanks guys, I'll talk to you later." I tell them. I start walking. I notice that I start to make my way into the quietest room in the building.

The Hideout

I get there and the lights are on. The only person there is–

"Areum-ah." He says in his soulful voice.

I walk over to him. He's sitting at a table with a bunch or drawings in front of him.

"what are you doing here?" I asked him. "Nothing much really..." he says casually.

"No I mean what are you doing here?" I emphasized.

"Oh.. so you heard about that.." he pauses. "I wanted to see you. And be here, just in case he tries to do something to you"

"So you're gonna stay here all day?" I asked

"I guess."

I look down at the drawings. "Did you draw these?"

The drawings look strangely familiar.

"Yeah I did."

"What are they suppose to be?.. or who are they suppose to be?"

There's a small silence.

"You." He answers.

I blink repeatedly. I can't speak. I want to speak but I can't. I'm- I'm speechless.

"I obviously never told you this but I started drawing you when.. when you became important to me." "It's like a timeline. This..." he takes out a picture, "this is from the first project I did with you and you told me I was smart...... This is from Valentine's Day, you gave me candy."

"I gave candy to everybody."

"Yeah I know. It made me realize how sweet you are. You didn't have to give me candy, and you knew how big of a jerk I was."

I look at the picture he's looking at. It's so pretty, even though it's just a picture of me... his drawing skills are so beautiful.

"The rest of them are recent.... when I showed you this place, when we went out for ice cream, when you stood at my house.... when I gave you a piggy back ride."

I pause.

The bell rings and I look back at him one last time.

"I have to go to homeroom." I say turning around heading to the door.

I stopped walking when I felt arms around my waist, hugging me from behind.

I hear Taehyung say "stay for a little more"

I escape his grip and turn around to face him.

"Please?" He says to me.

"Taehyung~" I sigh. "I'll come during lunch okay?"

He nods and I leave, heading to home room.