Chapter 9

(A/N: I don't think you guys are ready for this chapter... The song I put was to match the end of this chapter so... And through out the entire chapter actually..... ENJOY!!)

-------------------------------------------------------

--------/////////////////////::::::::////---------

---------------------------------------------------

~_----------------------------------------------------

~Taehyung's P.O.V.~

"Aish! Ow, ow, ow!" I heard Areum yell in the hallway. I run over to see whats going on.

"Are you okay?" I ask, she's holding her foot, hopping around.

That must've hurt.

She looses her balance and without thinking, I catch her. She's in my arms. I have her in my arms. She looks into my eyes and her pretty hazel eyes are making my heart melt.

"I caught you" I say filled with relief. "Yeah. You did" she says smiling.

Areum-ah, don't do that.

"Uh, lets go." She says, starting to get up. She puts pressure on her bad foot and falls into my arms again.

Areum-ah, if you're gonna fall for someone... let it be me.

"I don't think you're going to be able to walk right." I say, worried about her injury.

"Aw, but I wanna go get ice cream." She says, pouting her face and doing killer aegyo. There's only one way of taking her.

Areum-ah, you're killing me with kindness here.

I turn around so that my back is facing her. "Come on, I'll piggy back you there" I say.

"Jinja? Taehyung, I could just walk, its not that bad." She says. "I insist, I owe you." I respond.

"Okay..." she pauses, "hana, due, set!" she counts and jumps onto my back. "Lets go."

We walk over to the nearest ice cream shop. I order cookies and cream and she orders vanilla. We go over to a park to have our ice cream.

"Is your foot feeling better?" I ask, crunching on one of the cookies. "Yep! The ice cream made it better." She says in a sweet, cute kind of way. Her bright smile makes my heart flutter.

"Thanks for caring." she says calmly.

"Someone has to." I say.

"Whats up with you today?" she asks. "What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"You seem really apologetic today... I mean you bought me ice cream, just the other day you wouldn't even pay for your own food." She states, "Now you're like being cheesy."

Am I really?

"Its just..." I pause. Am I really going to do this? I guess so. "Last year, we grew some sort of friendship. Don't you remember?" She nods.

"Your sister is just treating you like complete bullcrap... I want to protect you." I said. Its the truth. She doesn't deserve to be treated the way she is.

"Thank you." She looks down at her feet. Its silent. I finish my ice cream. "Taehyung-ah" she calls my name. I look up into her eyes.

"I want us to grow. Our friendship, I mean." She's nervous. "I get that we parted, but... I want us to get closer." She pauses. "Don't you think so too?"

Areum, you have no idea.

I'm silent but I nod. "Can we do that?" she asks, holding her pinky out. I lock my pinky with hers. She smiles as we hold pinkies.

There goes my heart.

"Lets go home." She says. She jumps on my back again. We have a conversation on the way to her house. Nothing specific really, the topic keeps changing.

We arrive at her doorstep. I let her down. Its silent. "Thank you." I say.

"Don't say anything... I should be thanking you.. But you better keep that promise." She says.

I look into her eyes. I feel a smile spread across my lips. I try to lean in closer.

I've been wanting to kiss her for a while.

She leans in too. She's going to accept my kiss.

I can't even think straight. The door opens. The light from her house shines on us.

We look over. I feel my face turn red. Its her sister. "Ugh." She says, while looking over at Areum. I take one last look at Areum, and then at Nari. I leave. I shove my hands in my pockets and leave without saying a word. I walk home.

***

I finally get home. I sit on the couch and turn on my t.v. Flashbacks come to my mind. Areum's bright smile. Her cute face.

"But you better keep my promise."

Its the little things that she does and says that make me go crazy. I don't show it because I feel like its too embarrassing.

When she does it, in my mind I just say "Hajima Areum-ah". Just stop. The more things you do, the more I want to confess. And I'm not ready for that.