Chapter 2

"Ughh" I say out of exhaustion. I was tired of standing outside with the heat from the sun and my arms raised.

I always hated math class. Why? Not only is the subject hard as hell but that guy is always there. And we always argue with each other.

Kim Taehyung, the bad boy of the school. We don't sit next to each other but there's always an argument. This was our punishment.

The bell finally rang and Mr. Young came out to speak to us. "Don't you two think it's a little too early to start arguing?" It's only Monday, third period" he said scolding us.
"You're dismissed." At that we left.. I started to make my way to my next class which was Literature when I felt a hand grab my wrist. I turn back to see Taehyung staring me down.

"What do you want?" I questioned him. "I need the homework" he said loosening his grip. "Too bad, you should've done it." I said releasing my hand away from him. "Well too bad I sit next to you." He said shoving me out of the way and speed walks into class. He goes inside leaving me out by the door frame. My face was in shock realizing what he said was a threat that he was going to bother me the entire lesson. And Literature was my favorite class.

"He's such a jerk" said a familiar voice. I look over to my right to see Min Yoongi approaching me. "I know." I responded to his comment. "You are right though, if he wanted to get a grade on the homework he should've done it" he says walking into class. I walk in after him. The story of Yoongi was that I used to like him. I had the world's biggest crush on him and now I don't. I became good friends with him and realized I wasn't the type of girl for him and he wasn't the guy for me.

I sit in my seat which was next to Taehyung.

"Hey punk." He said not looking at me. "Yah, please be quiet, I don't want to stand outside and miss my favorite subject." I asked him politely. "Araseo.... Give me your homework." He says trying to make a deal with me. "Ughhh" I sighed. Looking at him one last time, I quickly gave him my homework giving him five minutes for him to copy it. I would do anything not to miss this class.

***

The bell rang and it was time for break. I go over to my locker putting away my books and grabbing my lunch money. After my stuff was put away neatly, I slammed my locker shut and started to make my way to the lunch line.

After paying for my luch I sat down at an empty table. My three friends came by and sat with me. "Annyeonghaseyo Areum-ah!" They all greeted me. "Annyeonghaseyo!" I greeted back. All four of us grew up together in Seoul. But at the same time we each have different personalities.

"Yah Areum, I saw you had another punishment with bad boy Tae.. What was it this time?" HyeJin asked. "Just another argument" I responded filling my mouth up with rice.

"Aish, again? When are you guys gonna make out already?" Hui said tired of me telling her the same thing everyday. When she said that I almost choked. The girls did the same but bursted out into laughter.

"Yah don't joke about that! Life isn't just a love story Hui." I said glaring. "Well yours obviously is.. Look, the guy you thought you like didn't end up with you.. You have another guy who cares for you.. Then a bad boy that loves to get you mad.. That's like three different love stories!!" She exclaimed. By that one sentence I knew she was talking about Yoongi, Jin and obviously Taehyung because he was the subject.

"Aww Jin! What did you tell him today during Home Ec?" HyeJin asked concerned for Jin since she knows that he's a kind person. "He was just asking about Mina." I said playing with my food.

"Mina... I hate that name." Hyori said staring at the table. "Not this little bitch." Hui said carelessly looking some other direction and folding her arms. "Yah that's my sister!" I said looking up from my tray. "I know she is but you know she's an ass right?.. Trading your childhood for a label called 'Popularity'" she said making sure I was aware of how much they all hate my sister.

"She has a very Korean name but she chooses an American one... That is literally one of the top reasons why I hate her." HyeJin said confused as to why my sister chose that as her name. "But wait what did Jin do to you? He left the class looking mad." HyeJin asked still confused.

"I just chose to take my anger out on him okay!" I said raising my voice a little still looking down at my food. The girls stay quiet. "I see." Hyejin says speaking up. I look up at them and they're all looking at me. "Ha pabo Areum..." Hui says chuckling at me and looking at different directions. She seems to be looking for someone. "I'm sorry it's just–" I said stuttering my last words before Hyori interrupted me. "Araseo, araseo. We're your friends. We grew up together we know what you've been through." She says patting my back, trying to calm me down.

"Yah let's change the subject." Hyejin says finishing up her food. She doesn't talk much but she does spend her time eating and being quiet. Observing people. "Have any of you seen a nerd?" Hui asks. They all look at me. "Hey!" I said realizing what they just called me.Then we all laugh at my slowness. At that moment Jeon Jungkook comes and sits at our table. "What's so funny?" He says eager to join our little conversation.

"Nothing" we say in sync. "Hey kid, where's Namjoon?" Hui asked, still looking around. "He's in the library, why?" Jungkook answers confused. "You don't happen to have the history homework right?" Hui asks looking into Jungkook's eyes, biting her lower lip. "No sorry." He says disappointed. "Ugh! Where the hell is this is kid?!" She says under breath. "Someone throw out this shitty food out I'm off to find Namjoon" she pushes the tray aside, gets up and leaves.

"Yah, have you guys seen Yoongi?" Jungkook asks once Hui leaves. "Anniya." We answer in sync. "I heard my name" said a familiar voice. We all looked up and it was Yoongi. "Yah! Hey I need help with something, so" with that the boys get up and start to walk away. And so did we. We got up and threw away all of the garbage and put the trays in place and headed towards our lockers. Which were luckily right next to each other.

Once we pack our stuff, we start to head towards our next class, History. On our way there we have a conversation about Thanksgiving. Suddenly I see my sister come out of the principal's office with a smirk on her face. She sees me and starts to laugh. I choose to ignore it since she's always laughing at me.

We walked into class as soon as the bell rings. I made my way to my seat which was next Yoongi. He doesn't seem to like History, I guess you could say, he's always sleeping. But he somehow tends to get his work done eventually. Three minutes into the lesson and the principal says through the P.A system, "Lee JungAreum to the principal's office."