Chapter 6

I stopped to catch my breath. I was huffing and taking deep breaths. I honestly thought standing outside of class holding your arms up was the worse punishment, our literature teacher told us to run laps until the period was over. He ran past me and yelled "Yah! Don't stop running, we'll get in trouble!"

I was given this punishment because of him... Again. We argued, this one was worse out of all of our arguments. It was like he took out all of his anger on me. I thought today was going to be different but it was just as any other day.

"Why do you care so much, you do this for a living." I said. He then stopped beside me. "This is better than community service, so stop your whining pabo." He said. I didn't care, I hated this type of punishment.

Finally the bell rang.

I went over to my locker and left my book bag, when someone took my wrist and dragged me to the lunch line.

Luckily I was able to close my locker door. I looked over at the person who was dragging me, it was Hui. Hyori was behind us. "You guys scared me." I told them.

"Sorry" they said in sync. "Where's HyeJin?" I asked. "In the library" Hyori said, getting a tray filled with food.

We get our trays and sit at an empty table. "So how was your punishment?" Hui asked. "I thought it was never going to end." I said eating a chopstick-full of the gross school food. "What was it this time?" Hyori asked. "We had to run laps on the school track field until the bell rang" I responded swallowing my food.
"Aish that's tiring" Hui said playing around with the food.

Tell me about it.

There was a quick silence. "Did you guys noticed something strange about Taehyung today?" I asked, interrupting the silence and stared down at the table, not wanting to know what their reactions were. I feel them exchange looks, because that's what they do.

I look up at them and they have confused expressions on their faces. "Never mind.." I said trailing off as I look up to a boy with his tray. He's a familiar face and he's looking for somewhere to sit. "He should sit with us" I said thinking out loud.

They both look back at the direction that I'm looking at.

"Yah! Sung-yeol!!" Hui yelled motioning him to come over. He comes over to us with his tray in his hand and says bluntly "What?"

"You should sit with us." Hui says somewhat cheerfully.

He looks at her up and down for a moment. And how unproper she's wearing it. He sees her wearing her uniform shirt unbuttoned, showing her grunge rock band t-shirt, and her cardigan tied around her waist along with the rest of the uniform. At this weather we're told to wear our cardigans... But not the way she's wearing it.

"You should sit with the people you like." He finally says in his smooth voice. He has that kind of cool voice. He's quiet but there's rumor that he has a dark past... Which is why I guess he's quiet. Hui grunts and sits down angrily, tired of his little attitude. She looks pissed off.

He continues to walk over to continue looking for a seat when I stop him with my hand. "Sit with us, please?" I look up at him, smiling. He looks down at my arm and I do the same, I seem to be holding on to it and shaking it, trying to get him to stay. I then let go of his arm and look down at the table. At the corner of my eye I see him sit down beside me, I looked at him and smiled brightly. We continued our lunch.

There was another moment of silence. Again I asked "Sung-yeol-ah, did you notice something different about Taehyung today?"

"No" he said sternly. I asked him because he's known Taehyung longer than I have. No one noticed but me. I can't be the only one, he was definitely acting strange. Another awkward moment. And I realized something, "Yah, how comes you and Hui-ah don't get along?" I asked.