Chapter 3

"Lee JungAreum to the principal's office."

I get up from my seat and everyone stares at me. I made my way out of the class and headed towards the principal's office. Once I'm in the office I see the principal at his desk and little Ms. Popular sitting across from him. 'What did she do?' I thought.

"Yes, Mr. Kim?" I said taking a seat. "Lee JungAreum, your sister here told me that you vandalized the school's gym." He said sternly. My eyes widened. Of course she said that. "What? I would never! I–" I said almost jumping out of my seat full of shock.

"Enough Lee JungAreum your sister, Lee Nari gave me enough evidence. You will serve detention today for two hours after school." Again he said folding his arms. I stood silent. I didn't have any evidence but if I argued with the principal I might get expelled. He leaves us alone and I glare at her.

"What did you do?" I said suddenly speaking up. "I dressed up like you and drew graffiti in the gym." She said casually looking at her nails. "Why the hell did you do that?" I asked.

"Look you little brat," she said looking over at me. I'm the brat? I thought. "Eomma and Appa aren't going to be home today because of Halmeoni, I need the house all to myself so I could have Jongsuk come over and get him to be my boyfriend. Therefore I made you get detention. Don't bother coming home, stay at a hobo's house or something." She said her last sentence looking back at her nails. "I have friends you know." I said look at a different direction.

She bursts into laughter. "Haha you have friends? Don't make me laugh, I'll get wrinkles." She said sarcastically. I'm so tired of her. I huffed and stomped outside back to class.

I went into class and was able to catch the summary of the lesson. The bell rang. Yoongi woke up and asked me "so what did the principal want?"

"I got detention." I responded. His eyes widened "what?" He said full of shock. "My sister, she-" I started to say when he interrupted, "Never Mind I understand... Good luck" he said grabbed his book bag and left.

***

School was over and I was ready to leave just when I remembered that I'm serving detention. I made my way to the class and Mr. Young was there. So was that guy.

"I'll see you two in two hours." Mr. Young said and left us.

"Yah, what are you doing here?" He asked lifting his head from the desk. "My sister framed me." I responded. "Yah, Areum, your sister could be a bitch you know?" I scoffed at his comment. Even the bad boy knows my sisters an ass. "No shit Sherlock." I muttered under my breath.

"What?" He asked. "I said she can be a handful!" I lied.

There was a moment of silence between the two of us. I got curious and suddenly asked him, "Why are you here?"

"I didn't come to Friday's detention." He said casually. "But why do you care?"

"I just wanted to know." I responded. "Well don't make any loud noises and stay away from me. I'm going to sleep." He said kicking his feet up and resting his head. It's like a second home to him. He then got up, "Yah I'm bored." He said.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked. "Do you have food?" He asked pouting. "No sorry." I said. "Aish, you're no fun." He said, "Follow me." "Where too?" I asked curiously.

"To go to this place." He answered getting up from his seat. "What place?" I still don't know what he's talking about. "Aish, relax pabo, just trust me." He said calmly.

"How can I trust you when we're picking fights everyday?!" I raised my voice. "Yah, trust me." He said holding out his hand. I take it and he helps me up. He then holds out his pinky finger, as a promise. I interlocked my pinky with his, accepting his promise.

I've honestly known Taehyung for three years. And of course all we do is bicker. But last year, it was my freshman year, he told me how he couldn't make any friends during our Biology class. We were assigned to sit next to each other in that class. And I was able to relate to that. I was new to the school, and all of my friends were in a different school. Hui, Hyejin, and Hyori transferred in April last year. So it was a pretty rough year for me. Then I realized he started to hang out with Yoongi, and Jimin, and even Hoseok. He made some friends and eventually we went back to bickering with each other. That's why I finally trusted him and interlocked pinkies with him.

He took my wrist and dragged me to the second floor. He took me to what looked like an abandoned art room. It looked old and dusty, it smelled like smoke.. I'm honestly used to that smell because my sister smokes all the time. When my parents aren't here. I just can't stand how she's effecting her health. But the beautiful paintings here make it look breath taking.

"What is this place?" I asked, I've visited this floor many times and yet never noticed this room.. Ever. "It's an art room," he said, "I come here when I feel like neglecting the rest of the world and have no where else to turn too... Also to smoke." He said casually, picking up a set of boxes and sitting on them. "What do you mean 'neglect the rest of the world'?" I asked confused by his statement.

"Really? You should know... When people just don't seem to get you no matter how close of a friendship you have with them." He answered. I should know? What does he mean by that? I thought to myself. Then I figured out what he meant. Me snapping at Jin, then my friends... Telling them I can handle the things Nari says to me and makes me do. "How do you know?... About me I mean." I asked curious if it's that obvious. "You sit in front me every class.. In Math I sit next to you.. I notice how you tend to loose focus during class... And every time we argue, even though I did a small prank, you take all of your anger out on me" he stated, "last year you didn't get so angry easily when we argued.. This year you do... Because of her."

I sighed.. He says the truth. I look down at my shoes and feel his eyes staring at me. "So you choose to take the blame for her or.... Why did you do detention?" He asked suddenly breaking the silence. I chose to ignore the question because I myself don't know the answer. "Yah, pabo I'm asking you something." He said getting up and standing in front of me.

"I don't know." I said under my breath. He heard me and sighed, then turned to the wall. "So does anyone else know about this place?" I asked breaking the silence. "No.. Well Jimin, saw me come in here... He knows what I do in here... He's allowed to come in when he wants as long as he doesn't tell anyone. And he hasn't been in here ever since." He responded.

"What do you call this place?" I asked

"My getaway room." He responded. "Can I come in here?" I asked, knowing how strict this he is about this place. He then walks over to me, lifts my chin up.. We're seeing eye to eye. Our faces inches apart. I feel his breath. "Don't tell anyone." He said sticking out his pinky finger.

I interlocked mine with his and nodded yes. "I prefer it to be more of a hideout.. Is that okay?" I asked not liking the name 'getaway room' much. He chuckled, "yeah sure." I smiled.

"Let's go." He takes my wrist and drags me back into the detention room. Mr. Young was there waiting for us with his arms folded.

"Where were you two?" He asked sternly.