Chapter 11

"What about Areum and Taehyung?" Hyori says.

It gets quiet.

They know I'm not into that good of a mood, and they're teasing me.

"Areum-ah be truthful.... When was the last time you saw Taehyung.. Individually?" Hui asks.

"This morning before first period." I say casually.

"And before that?" She asks. "Last night" I say.

"So are you two going out?" She asks suspense fully.

"No we're just trying to be friends... Trying" I responded.

"Have you ever kissed him?" Hyejin asked.

I shake my head. "Whether you date him or not, whether you want to be alone and get over your parents, or you just wanna talk about it.. We're here for you." Hyori says.

"Thanks guys" I say shyly.

"Okay next couple!" I say cheerfully. The girls wait in anticipation.

"Kim Namjoon and Soo JungHui.." I finally say.

"Hui... Dating one of the biggest nerds in school.. Wah!" Hyori exclaims.

"He's pretty sweet actually." HyeJin says kindly.

"Not gonna lie, I've seen you guys hang out a lot. " I state.

"Look, I'm gonna be truthful.." She starts to say, "he's been tutoring me for some classes and... Turns out we have a lot in common." She finishes.

"Wahhh!!" We all say in sync. Who would've thought.

***

I get home and open the door. "Eomma, appa! I'm.." I trail off. Right... They're not here. All of a sudden my cheery mood went down to like 2 percent.

I go over to my room and throw my bag across the bed. "Everything was going well" I say.

I look page to my table. There's a bloody blade on it, just staring at me.

"Promise me you won't ever do this again"

A picture of Taehyung goes through my head. I grab the blade and throw it away.

What to do on a Friday evening?

*buzz*

My phone rings.

"Areum-ah, meet me at the park?"

~Sung-Yeol.

I read the text and think about it. I quickly change from my school uniform into a nice pair of jeans and a shirt.

Once I get to the park, I see Sung-Yeol sitting on the swings. I walk over to him. "Sung-Yeol-ah! Annyeong!" I say.

"What's up?" I ask.

"We never got to finish talking that day" he says.

I sit on the swing beside him "okay, what do you want to talk about?" I ask him.

"Have you ever liked someone?" He asks, awkwardly. I feel myself blush. "Yes, I have."

"Have you ever confessed to them?"

"Anniya.... I haven't." I start to say,"Wae? Why are you asking?"

"Areum-ah.." He sighs, "I've liked you for a really long time."

My face lightens up.

What?

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks politely.

I stay quiet. I blink rapidly. He sees how frustrated I am and says "Of course, I don't need an answer now but, do let me know." He says good bye and leaves.

My mind goes blank.

*buzz*

It's a text from Taehyung. He wants to meet at the park.

"You're already here?" I hear someone say. I look up and it's Taehyung, he's walking over to me.

"Was that Sung-Yeol?"he asks.

My mind is still blank. I start to play with my hands/fingers and bite my lower lip. I tend to do that when I'm nervous.

But why am I nervous?

"Uh-yeah." I say. "Yah, you look like you just killed someone" he says calmly.

"Were you talking to him?"

I nod.

"What about?