way better

in honor 1k reads, here's an imagine y'all voted for :)))!!

-

"What the fuck do you want from me, _____?" He yelled, arms tensing with popping veins with every word he yelled to me. "I'm giving you all I can give! Is it not good enough?"

"I've only seen you once these past two weeks, Shawn, and this is it!" I yelled with the same intensity, but I regret I had. It made my throat burn and my heart sting. Everything felt like it was falling apart.

But Shawn didn't care. He continued to yell even more. Even louder. It'd be a lie to say I wasn't scared of the way his body gestures looked. He looked like he was about to explode, and I was going to get hit with the impact.

"Shit, _____. I'm sorry I've been busy, but you have to understand that I won't be with you 24/7! You have to stop being so clingy just this once!"

"Clingy? Clingy? I've said nothing, Shawn. Nothing for the past two god damn weeks! I let you do what you needed to do. I gave you space. I gave you the time you needed, and I get called clingy?"

"Yeah, _____!" He swung his arms in the air, pacing back and forth in a three step width. "I don't want someone who's going to want me at sometime and expect I'll be there! I have a career, _____."

"What are you saying, Shawn?" I mumbled, hands balled up in to a fist so tight that my fingers dogged in to my own pale palms. This is it, I thought.

"I don't want you, is what I'm saying, _____!"

"How could you say that?" I whispered, and for the first time this night, he wasn't yelling. He wasn't tense. He wasn't furrowing his eyebrows in anger. He wasn't pacing back and forth. He was the Shawn I fell in love with.

"No, no, no, _____, baby, I didn't mean that." He tried taking a step closer, but I had only took a step back. "Baby, I didn't mean that."

"I-I think I'm going to need a break, Shawn." I mumbled.

His shoulders slouched, and his hands settled down by his sides. "I didn't mean it, baby."

"I know you didn't, but you still said it; and I think you should go." It took every bit of strength for me not to break down. To let out all these emotions I've been holding in for the past two weeks. Loneliness. Sadness. Anger. All of it, but I didn't want to be like Shawn. I didn't want to take it out on him, as hard as it was not to.

Shawn took a deep breath, muttering a, "I'm sorry." before heading toward the door. I followed.

The moment he stepped outside of my house and I locked the door, that, I must say, was when I broke down. My back was pressed against the door and I cried out everything.

"Fuck!" Shawn yelled from the other side of the door, but I heard it just as if he was in the same room as me. And then I heard a bang, like he hit something, but when I looked through the peephole of my door, he was gone.

-

My bed felt like the most comfortable place to lay in the moment I was stuck in. Even if it was the mattress given along with the apartment with springs and sponge, I never felt so grateful to lay down upon it. The bed gave me a feeling of relaxation, calmness, and it gave me a time to breathe and cry whatever I had in me whenever I wanted to.

It felt good to finally rest up, until someone knocked.

I didn't know of what to expect when I heard someone knocking at my door, but, I definitely didn't expect Shawn.

He changed his clothes, despite the fact it had only been one hour since we both separated. Shawn's flannel was drenched in rain water, along with every other article of clothing of his. Just like his clothes, his hair was soaked, sticking to the skin of his forehead, where water droplets fell.

A bouquet of flowers rested in one hand, along with a paper bag of goods in the other. I didn't know what to say. I was speechless, surprised by the fact that Shawn was here, even when I said to go away.

"I know I'm the last person you want to see, _____."

I nodded.

"But, I wanted to apologize. I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything I said. I was acting foolish. Ignorant. Like a child. And I'm sure you can continue the list for days on end."

I fought a smile, but let him continue on.

"I don't want to lose you, _____. That's the last thing I would ever want to happen to me. You mean the world to me, honestly. I know that this was just one of our fights, but it was me who started it. I yelled first. I picked the fight. I said those words. And most importantly, I wasn't here for you as much as I should've been. I'm sorry, _____. You were right."

I stayed quiet for a while, but, eventually, a smirk appeared on my lips. "I'm always right, Shawn. You should know that by now." I mocked, allowing me to see another one of Shawn's bright smiles, even through the dimly lit porch and the dark sky. "Now, come in before you get sick!"

He chuckled, as I pulled him in by the collar, snatching the things from his hand and throwing them on to the couch. All so I could kiss him.

"I love you." He muttered against my lips, pressing them together once again.

"I love you, too."

"I brought some ice cream, but this...this is way better."

-

fINALLY

this took me way better than it should've  and it was way cuter in my head I apologize

but thank you for 1k once again

xoxo,

sas