Thornclaw: Father and Lover

The ThunderClan deputy smiled as he was outside of camp, just waking up from sleep as the sun rose. He couldn't have felt better as last night was another night of passion with his new mate Mothleap, whom he even called by her twoleg name Kim.

She was cuddled beside him, her ears tucked in and a low purr rumbled as she was still asleep.

"Morning, Kim." Thornclaw purred, pawing her shoulder. "We should get back before the dawn patrols start."

Kim blinked and gave a long stretch.

"And to see that queen bloated with your kits?" Kim yawned.

"Only if there's any progress on the kits. There's no reason to stay there long." Thornclaw growled. "Especially when I have my sweet little moth right here."

Kim purred and licked his ear before trotting eagerly back to camp.

Thornclaw slowly followed and saw they were just in time, cats had only begun to stir.

"Wake up warriors!" Thornclaw hollered in excitement.

Many cats glared but some start to pour out of the warrior's and apprentice's dens.

"Okay, Ambershade, Spiderleg, Whitewing. You three will each lead a patrol. One near the ShadowClan border, two near the WindClan!"

Thornclaw looked to see Bramblestar trudge out of his den barely awake.

"Huh?" Bramblestar muttered. "Thornclaw, you already set up patrols?"

"Yep!" Thornclaw purred loudly.

"Terrific." Bramblestar whispered, going slowly back into his den.

Thornclaw paid no mind, prancing into the warrior's den for a little longer sleep.

"HELP! THEY'RE COMING!"

Thornclaw leaped in the air, it was Dovewing.

She's having my kits, great StarClan.

Thornclaw considered going over to help her throughout the process, but she was stuck-up the whole time she's been expecting.

She lashed out at the kits and was mean many times to Kim's sister whom was in the Nursery.

Thornclaw wasn't surprised at all but it was still very annoying. He decided that he wouldn't show up. He curled up in his spot and rested some more.

...

"Thornclaw?"

Thornclaw shook his pelt and looked up to see Jayfeather facing him.

"Yes?"

The two toms shook as another screech rang throughout the camp.

"Dovewing wishes for you to be there for her kitting." Jayfeather explained.

"Is that a joke?" Thornclaw scoffed. "Why should I go over there? She's been nothing but awful."

"You're the father regardless." Jayfeather growled. "Beetlepaw's former mate has left so he's been a mess, I can't keep him waiting much longer."

"Skydawn left?" Thornclaw whispered.

"Yes, now hurry up!" Jayfeather snapped.

Thornclaw joined Jayfeather and they both headed to the Nursery. He flinched when he saw Beetlepaw tripping out as the hissing queen threw herbs everywhere in anger.