Chapter 6: Sasuke's Susanoo

Okay, another warning. This chapter's like the last one, but less so. Hope you like it! Don't forget to recommend it! Thanks guys!

Sakura couldn't sleep. She just laid down beside Sasuke, watching him. His back was to her, and she was trying to memorize every feature. She blushed every time she thought of his long black hair, his muscular build, his-

"Why are you staring at me?" Sasuke asked, not even turning around.

Sakura shrieked. "Staring? I'm not staring! Why do you think I'm staring?!"

"Rinnegan."

"Oh... Right..."

"Look, just go to sleep, he replied, scrunching up in his sleeping bag.

"I... Can't..." She said, defeated. She laid on her back and shivered. Suddenly, she felt a hand slide across her waist. She turned her head to see Sasuke next to her, squeezing into her sleeping bag.

"Is that better?" He asked, resting his chin on her head. She felt every one of his breaths, and they sent shivers down her back. Nervously, she folded her hands over his, and he squeezed them tight.

"... Why don't you love me?" Sakura asked, a tear sliding down her cheek.

Sasuke thought for a moment. "... I do love you..." He responded, blushing. Sakura's eyes widened, and she tried to turn around and face him. "Please, just stay like this... It's easier to do this without looking at you..."

Sakura wanted to protest, but stayed put. "... After seven years, what suddenly changed your mind?" She asked in disbelief.

"... Naruto..."

"What do you mean? What did he say to you?"

Sasuke remembered the last time he and Naruto fought. It was at the end of the war. Sasuke wanted to take control of the Leaf, and eliminate the current ways of the ninja in order to create peace.

"I thought that the only way to protect the world was to be alone... To take on all of the darkness so the rest of the world wouldn't have to... But Naruto made me realize that nobody can take it all alone. You need someone to lift the darkness from around you... And there's only one person who can do that for me..."

Sakura was speechless. The tears were flowing freely now. "It's like there was a Susanoo surrounding my heart... An ultimate defense to block out any and all feelings... But you can somehow lift it... And you awaken my heart."

I can't take it anymore, Sakura thought. She turned around and kissed Sasuke for the first time. The tears kept flowing as she rolled on top of him, running her hands through his hair.

After the initial scare, Sasuke closed his eyes and accepted the kiss. He pressed Sakura tight against him, running his hands up get back. She moaned softly. Sasuke rolled on top of her, kissing her neck. Sakura let a loud moan out, but he silenced her with a kiss.

Suddenly, Sasuke seemed to regain his conscience. He pulled away from Sakura, who was almost struggling for breath. They were both blushing intensely.

"Sasuke..." Sakura whispered, letting out a long breath. Sasuke grinned and kissed Sakura's cheek. Her whole face turned Crimson. I can't believe I just did that, she thought.

I can't believe I just did that, he thought. He slowly climbed off of Sakura, embarrassed. Sakura managed a smile, and the two laid down on their sides, facing each other.

"... I love you, Sasuke..." She leaned in for another kiss, but Sasuke stopped her. He reached over and poked her forehead with two of his fingers.

"Sorry, Sakura," he whispered. "Maybe next time." Tears be an pouring down Sakura's cheeks. She remembered what happened right before Sasuke left the village three years ago.

"I'll see you when I get back... And thank you... Sakura..."

"Don't cry," he whispered, and kissed her forehead. He pulled her head in and hugged her against his chest. "Go to sleep, Sakura."

"... Okay..." She said. She listened to the heartbeat of the man she loved the most, and was killed to sleep. And soon, Sasuke was asleep along side her.

Up in the trees, the masked man watched them sleep. He'd been following them the entire day. And now, he knew their weaknesses. Interesting.

Sorry about the short chapter, guys. I'll try to make the next one longer. Stay tuned and recommend! Thanks!