Chapter 10: Maseo and Mariko

Hinata slowly opened her eyes, terrified. Where am I? She was in a room lit only by a single lantern. She was blinded to the wall by chakra chains on each of her wrists, so no matter how much she struggled, she could break free.

"Hello?!" She shouted, searching desperately for another human being. "Naruto?!"

Suddenly, a door opened in front of her, letting in more light. A woman stepped through the door, and closed it. She held another lantern in her hand. She sat down on the floor in front of Hinata, and placed the lantern in between them.

The woman had short, black hair, and wore a purple robe. Hinata was stunned to see that her left eye had the same sharingan as the masked man's right eye. "W-who are you?" Hinata asked, curling up as much as possible.

The woman spoke with an even softer voice than Kakashi sensei's. "I am Mariko Kabuki," she said, tilting her head to the side slightly.

Hinata gasped. Another Kabuki?! Mariko brought her hand over and caressed Hinata's face, examining her eyes.

"I've never seen a real Hyuga before. Your eyes are beautiful."

"Where am I? W-why am I h-here?" Hinata stuttered, trying to ignore Mariko's cold hand.

"You are in my brother's kamui dimension," Mariko replied. "Maseo believes you will serve as motivation for Naruto."

"M-motivation?" Hinata asked, starting to turn pale.

"To fight Maseo to the death." Hinata's heart dropped into her stomach, and she gasped. "I shall return later with your food," Mariko said, and got up to leave.

She's different from the other one... "Wait!" Hinata shouted, stopping Mariko. She tired her head, waiting for a response. "You're not like your brother, so... Why are you doing this to us? What did we ever do to you or your brother?"

Mariko hesitated, and sighed. She walked over to Hinata and kneeled in front of her. "It will be easier to show than to tell," she said, and placed her hand on Hinata's forehead.

A bright white light flashed for a moment, and suddenly, Hinata was standing in a war zone. She was unbound and had full control over her body, but couldn't bare to move. It was clearly a small village, the layout similar to the Hidden Leaf, but smaller. Citizens screamed, darting back and fourth through the streets, pushing past each other, trampling each other.

Hinata spun around at the sound of an explosion. Dozens of Shinobi were fighting, some of them wearing grey armor and using telekinesis. They must be Kabuki's... Suddenly, the other half of the Warriors changed tactics, attacking the civilians.

A woman and child were suddenly cornered in an alley by one of the attackers. The woman stood in front of her child, protecting him. "Please... Stop!" She begged, tears pouring down her cheeks. The attacker laughed a menacing, insane laugh. Hinata was infuriated, leaping to the woman's defense.

"Leave them alone!" She shouted, activating her byakugan. She suddenly gasped, noticing the sharingan in the man's eyes. The Uchiha?! The man laughed again, weaving hand signs, and bolting towards them. Before Hinata could defend herself, the man literally passed through her, sending a shiver up her spine. She turned in time to watch the Uchiha blow a fireball. The woman and child let out a terrified shriek, and were suddenly silenced, incinerated.

Hinata brought her hands to her mouth, whipping her head around, not able to watch. More screams echoed through the town. Citizens begging and pleading, and sudden screams of agony. I'm in a nightmare...

"No, you're in a memory," Mariko said in her mind. Hinata jumped at the sound of her voice.

"Where am I?! Why would you show me this?!" Hinata shouted, searching for Mariko.