Chapter 11: Whatever It Takes

Alright guys, here comes some more smutty. It's SasuSaku time. You have been warned.

"Hinata!" Naruto screamed, suddenly jolting awake. The sudden movement sent a stab through his arm, sending him back to the ground.

"Naruto, stay still!" Sakura shouted, restraining him. Slowly, Naruto began to calm down. As the pain subsided, his vision began to clear. Sakura had a large bandage wrapped around her head, but otherwise she looked ok. Sasuke had a few cuts on his face, but he retained his gloomy exterior.

"W-where... Where is Hinata?" Naruto slowly asked, suddenly noticing her absence.

Sakura's eyes softened, depressed. "Maseo has her..." She mumbled, and Naruto leaped to his feet. In an instant, he dropped back to his knees, a stream of blood dripping from his nose. "Listen! You can't just move around like that!" Sakura shouted, restraining him again. "Look, Your chakra is running dangerously low. I've given you about half of mine to stabilize you."

Naruto was speechless. "You actually transferred half of your chakra to me? Why?"

"Because you have to rescue Hinata. You'll need some chakra if you're gonna fight Maseo."

"Whoa whoa whoa!" Sasuke shouted, stepping into the conversation. "He can't fight that psychopath! He barely survived a test! This will be a death match!"

"What do you suggest I do then?! Just sit around and wait for him to destroy the village? And what about Hinata?! We have no idea what he's doing to her!"

"I'm not saying we give up, you idiot!" Sasuke shouted, shutting Naruto up. "I'll fight him. If he wants a challenge, I'll give him one."

"Naruto... Maybe Sasuke is right... Maybe-"

"No," Naruto said, cutting Sakura off. "He wants me, so he'll get me."

"Are you serious?" Sasuke asked, baffled. "I know you're overly reckless and all, but this is just plain stupid!"

"You've seen how he is. He's a maniac. How do you think he'll react to not getting the fight he wants?" Sasuke stepped back, clarity washing over him. "Besides, I want a shot at that son of a bitch! Nobody kidnaps my Hinata without paying the price!" Naruto shouted, pumping his fist in the air.

Naruto... You've really grown up, didn't you? Sakura thought, smiling.

"You're an idiot," Sasuke mumbled, walking away.

"No..." Sakura muttered, looking back at Naruto, who left to prepare for tomorrow. "He's a ninja..." Sakura smiled, and joined Sasuke at their little camp.

After a few hours, Naruto still hadn't come back, and Sasuke and Sakura were ready for sleep. "I'm worried about him..." Sakura said, hugging her arms.

"He's probably just training. He'll come back eventually," Sasuke said, rolling out their mats. Sakura nodded, and slipped into her sleeping bag.

Suddenly, she felt Sasuke's arms wrap around her, filling her with warmth. She blushed a deep red as he lay down next to her, kissing her neck. She moaned softly, rubbing his hair, until she suddenly remembered their situation.

"Wait..." She whispered, stopping him. "We shouldn't... Not yet..."

Sasuke sighed. "Alright... I'm sorry..."

"Why?" Sakura asked, turning to face him.

"It's just... You know Naruto can't beat him... We could all die tomorrow..." Sasuke mumbled, closing his eyes. Sakura caressed his face, a tear trickling down her cheek. "I just didn't want to have any regrets..."