Chapter 7: Something to Tell You

Naruto woke up to the sun nearly blinding him. He squinted, looking to his side. Hinata was right beside him, resting on his chest. He kissed her on the forehead, waking her gently. "Good morning."

Hinata stirred, opening her eyes slightly, and smiled. "Good morning," Hinata said, nuzzling into Naruto's neck.

"Good morning," Sakura said, trying desperately to hold back a laugh. Naruto's face turned blue, then red, then purple. He and Hinata slowly turned to see Sakura and Sasuke standing in front of them. Sakura had her hands over her mouth, holding back snickers. Even Sasuke was grinning, no matter how hard he tried to hide it.

Hinata shrieked, burying her face in the blanket. Naruto was furious. "Hey! What the hell are you guys starin' at?! There's nothin to see here!"

"There's a whole lot to see here, actually," Sakura said, finally letting her laugh out. Sasuke let out a sucker, before he dragged Sakura away.

"Let the love birds get dressed, ashen we move out." They climbed the hill, leaving Naruto and Hinata to clean up. The two sat in their pool of embarrassment, quickly putting on their clothes, trying to find something to say to each other.

"... So..." Naruto finally said, scratching his head.

"... So..." Hinata replied, equally embarrassed. "Did... Did you...-"

"Of course I did," Naruto said, cutting her off. He crawled over and kissed her, trying to release the tension. And it worked. The two smiled at each other, and climbed the hill back to Sasuke and Sakura. Naruto walked straight over to Sakura and whispered in her ear. "If you tell anyone at the village, I'll tell them about your Sasuke doll that you made," he said, and then proceeded to roll up his sleeping bag that he didn't use. That otta shut her up, he thought, smirking. A half an hour later, the group continued pressing north, searching for any sign of the masked man.

At took until the afternoon, but Sasuke and Hinata finally noticed. The group was dashing through the trees. Sasuke floored it and caught up to Naruto, who was already in sage mode. "Naruto-"

"I know. We're being watched..." Naruto said. His eyes darted from side to side, picking up dozens of the same chakra signatures. "There's at least three dozen of those clone things out there. Keep your guard up..."

Suddenly, a wave of ninja clones erupted from the forest, weapons in hand. They threw kunai and shuriken at blinding speed. Hinata leaped into the lead. "Eight trigrams: Palm rotation!" She spun around, deflecting the projectiles with her palms. Some of the weapons bounced back into the clone's, knocking them back but not finishing them.

"Hinata! Aim for their hearts! That's the weak spot!" Sasuke yelled, staying behind her byakugan shield.

"Right!" She adjusted her palms, and took down twelve of the thirty six clones before they changed their tactics. Four clones took to the trees, boxing Naruto and the others in.

"Fire style: searing migraine!"

"Earth style: mud ball!"

"Water style: water spout!"

"Wind style: whirling cyclone!"

The four jutsu' came barreling towards Naruto and company. Sasuke and Sakura dashed to opposite sides, while Naruto picked up Hinata and leaped straight up. The jutsu's collided, destroying the tree Naruto was on.