23

Lightning struck and thunder rumbled; it's almost as if the weather was JJ's avatar of expression. With every thud of his shoes hitting pavement came another clap of soul shaking thunder, as he trudged through downtown Fairfield, leaving the aurora of anger and malus behind him. He never stopped to look at the gleaming street lights, he never stopped to hear the sound of bustling traffic, he never stopped to smell the misty air that signaled incoming downpours. JJ had become blind in all senses and was now a minion to a single command: run away. This had become JJ's heart and mind's preprogrammed failsafe for when life seemed to be crashing down on him. He had no set destination and no estimated time of arrival, only the command to run. And that's just what he did.

"JJ stop!" Wyatt shouted as his best friend slowly started to disappear into the night and bustle of people enjoying life. JJ blocked out all sound and kept moving.

"JJ please! Stop running! Everything will be ok!" Blaine made an attempt at calling for him, but yet again it had failed miserably. Wyatt and Blaine started to hurry after him hoping they wouldn't lose him, in fear of what type of damage he was capable of doing when alone at the moment, whether it be to others or himself. Just then JJ crossed the street immersed in a crowd of others with Wyatt and Blaine not far behind. The two young men penetrated the barrier of the group and saw familiar blonde hair sticking up in the crowd and made one final grasp for JJ. They grabbed the blonde figure and spun him around.

"JJ finally we caught-" Blaine stopped mid sentence to see that the boy that they had grabbed was not JJ. The confused boy rejoined the group and Wyatt and Blaine stopped and spun around, looking everywhere.

"We fucking lost him! God fucking damn it! He's gone! I lost my best friend in the middle of one of the most fucked up cities on this fucking Earth!" Wyatt screamed at the sky and punched the side of a wall on an ice cream shop nestled on one of the downtown streets.

"Wyatt he'll be back. He always comes back."

"We don't know that Blaine! The last time he ran he left his whole fucking group of friends for almost 2 years! He doesn't think when mad! It's the only emotion he trusts. His anger."

"Wyatt calm the hell down. Yeah he trusts his anger but don't forget he trusts his heart and you know who that belongs to: Chloe." Wyatt shook his head and gritted his teeth at Blaine.

"But what happens when rage takes her place..." The sky boomed thunderously one last time and it flooded the city with tiny drops of not only water, but the waves of fate, all coming together to make an ocean of everything that lied ahead for the group of friends, and at the time things to seem be at their worst.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexia walked beside Chloe as she strutted in frustration.

"Chloe...you can't keep doing this..." Alexia made an attempt at reaching her friend. Chloe scoffed at he remark.

"Can't keep doing what? Letting him back into my life just so he can wreck it all over again! God I can't believe I thought maybe he had some shred of decency left in him."

"He just loves you so much.."

"He loves me?! Well He's got a funny way of showing it! I'm the only one who cared for him when no one else would! Julian was chewed up by life and spit out like, yesterday's trash. And who was there to pick him up? Me! I was his fucking angel in black that brought life to his eyes again."