Introduction

I cried on my mother's lap as she caressed my hair. It was the same thing that happens everyday. 

"What happened, today, my little Bambi?" she asked me. I sniffled and looked up at her.

"T-the other kids at the kinder-kindergarten called me a ghost and a banshee and said I should be dead and kept saying 'boo' at me," with that I proceeded to cry some more.

"Bambi," she said.

I ignored her in favor of crying.

"Bambi" she said, firmer.

Ignored.

"Bambi," she growled. I winced and looked up at her. Mother watched me with dark brown eyes, almost black. I was now speaking with her and her wolf.

"I did not raise you to be so weak. So, the kids are teasing you. You are the Alpha's daughter, put them in their place. I will not allow my daughter to run and cry when faced with petty insults. Now, " she pulled me up, until I stood in front of her, "back straight, chin up. Hold your head high and never bow to another's will for your will is iron and your heart is pure."

I wiped my eyes and straightened my back. I lifted my chin and looked my mother in the eyes. 

"Now, my child," she caressed my cheek, "what are your thoughts on your situation?"

I closed my eyes and thought about how my life will evolve as I get older. Everyone liked to pick on me. I had no friends. They have forsaken me. But they are my pack and I may one day be Alpha if mother does not birth a son. I will have to take care of each one of them no matter what they have done to me as children. They will be my responsibility.

I opened my eyes and looked at mother, "I don't have friends now and I may not have friends in the future. But I may be Alpha when I am grown-up. I will have the responsibility of the pack and will be on a different level from the rest. They will have to submit to me. If they do not, I will have to force them. They will be an example to the rest that I will not tolerate disrespect."

Mother smiled down at me with pride. What I said was correct?

"And what is the solution to the problem you have now?" she asked.

"I am disrespected now. So I must set an example now, before it is too late."

A sigh sounded at the door and we both turned to see father leaning on the door frame.

"What is wrong, my love?" mother asked. I watched as blush colored her cheeks, lightly, and her eyes sparkled with joy.

I smiled at the sight.

"Nothing is wrong, Dear, it's just, our child is 7 years old, but she has an old soul," he said, shaking his head, "next morning she's going to be old and wrinkly."

I paled and gasped. I didn't want to be old! 

They looked at me and started laughing, though, I didn't understand what was funny.

Father came and sat next to mother.

"Well, I have no duties to tend to," he said and lifted me to sit on his lap, "what do you want to do while I have this free time?"

I bounced in his lap in excitement, "Mates! Mates! Tell me about mates again and how you and mommy met!" 

They smiled at me before looking at each other lovingly.

They started telling me about how they met and about mates and I listened to how your mate is the most precious thing in the world. How nothing compared to the one the Goddess created just for you.

I felt my heart swell with joy and love. Love for the mate that I don't know, but will one day unite with.

After they finished telling me about mates I squealed in excitement.

"I can't wait until I find my mate when I turn 16!"

They chuckled at me, "You will be able to find your mate faster than the rest of the pack and other wolves. He will also be able to find you also."

I squinted my eyes in confusion.

"My child, my Bambi. You are gifted by the Goddess Luna herself. You will be able to shift when your 10. Because you are gifted and will shift early, your mate, wherever he is, will shift as well."

I thought about it in awe, then a sudden thought made me frown.

"Isn't shifting painful?" I asked, in confusion.

"Yes."

I blanched and turned white, "I hope we meet each other before then. I don't want him to go through it alone. I want to be beside him and shift by him so I can support him."

Mother laughed, "Whoever your mate is, he'll be lucky to be mated to you."

I frowned, "Because, I'm gifted?"

Father shook his head, "Because, you are good."

I gave him a disbelieving look before smiling, "I'll be a good mate! I'll cook him lots of food! I'll protect him! I'll be his support! He will be proud to call me his mate! I haven't met him, yet," I looked mother and father in the eyes, trying to express to them how happy I was, "but, I already love him so much!"

They smiled at me and looked at eachother , lovingly.