Chapter 15

KAYDON'S P.O.V.

Who did she think she was? I thought as I stormed outside.

If I didn't appreciate the breakfast, I wouldn't have come to look for her!

That is not the problem right now! Ash said, We need to find out how she became covered in bruises.

The image of purple and blue covered skin entered my vision and sent my blood boiling. Yet, it's not as if I could continue to pester her about them. I didn't want her to know I cared.

I marched along the path, trying to figure out a way to find out how she got those bruises without her finding out I care.

Just tell her you care! Ash snapped at me. I growled at him.

If I told her I cared and then she left, it would hurt more!

Coward!

I didn't reply, because, in a way, it was true. I was  a coward at least when it came to mates. I thought about it more and turned around.

I could demand she tell me, because nobody in the pack is supposed to be hurting a guest!

Ash rolled his eyes at me, As long as you find out who is hurting her, it doesn't matter what method you use.

I nodded and looked up in determination. The sight of Daxton, that woman he had with him at breakfast, and suitcases, along with Bambi standing on the porch made me freeze in my tracks.

They were talking on the porch and a car was waiting for them in the driveway.

I hurried towards them.

"What's going on?" I demanded, stepping on to the porch and eyeing the suitcases.

The Amazonian looking woman was the only one who turned to look at me. Bambi stiffened and narrowed her eyes on the female stranger, before giving her attention back to Daxton.

"They will teach you what you need to learn, my father will not go easy just because you are new."

"Knowing you, I wouldn't even dare to expect it."

I frowned in confusion, "What?"

The Amazonian woman smiled at me, "She said her father is not going to go easy on him just because he is new."

I frowned at her, "Who are you?"

"I am Amber Leone, Daxton's mate," she said.

"When did you find your mate?" I asked Daxton, confused, "and why is this the first time I'm meeting her?"

He didn't deem it necessary to reply.

"I won't be killed on the spot, will I?" he asked.

"No," Bambi denied, "Beta Nathyn will smell me on you."

"What?" I snapped and then coughed to try and cover it.

Amber stepped closer to me, making Bambi even more tensed.

"Wow, you're so fit, but you are Alpha," she raised her hand to touch my arm. Bambi snapped her teeth as she glared at Daxton, meaningfully. Daxton turned and pulled his mate away from me, before she could lay her hand on me.

Daxton and Bambi exchanged some more words before he nodded and picked up his suitcases and headed towards the car, not even sparing a glance to me.

"Hey! What the hell!" I turned on Bambi angrily, forgetting about her bruises, "What's going on Bambi?!"

She glared at me. I almost stepped back at the cold hardness of her eyes.

"What Daxton is doing is no longer a concern to you. He is, now, leaving to join my pack," she said.

"What?!"

"I don't like to repeat myself, Mate."

I shook my head, "He is my Beta, you can't just take him from my pack."

She shook her head at me, "It was going to happen sooner or later."

"Why?!"

"I have explained it before it is a simple Cause- and Effect," she said, shrugging.

"What have I done to cause you to take my Beta?!" I asked, appalled.

"It's not what you've done, it's what you refused to do."

"I'm still not following you."

"You refused to choose a new Beta."

I said nothing.

"Your Beta was severely injured..."

"Because of you," I interrupted.

"...and you refused to appoint a new Beta. Their are five things a Pack needs to be considered a pack."

"Is their? Do you mind explaining what those five things would be?"

"Second, is the Alpha, the one who leads the pack and protects it. Third, is the Beta, who takes care of the pack if the Alpha is out of commission or away on other business. Fourth, is the Gamma, who takes care of things when the Beta is out of commission and trains the pups. Fifth, is the members of the pack, because without members their would be no pack."

"You skipped the first one."

"No, I saved the most important for last."

I waited, even though their was only one position that she hadn't mentioned yet.

"First, is the Luna, she is the most important, because without her the pack and most importantly the Alpha is nothing. The Luna keeps the pack together, she calms the pack when their is danger. She supports a stress filled Alpha and she is the one who makes the decisions when the Alpha cannot. She is the heart and soul of the pack, the mother of the pack."

I stared at her, thinking about this information.

"So, you see if their is no Beta, it would upset the balance."

I clenched my teeth, "I see, but now you've taken my Beta, so who is going to be my new Beta."

She raised an eyebrow as if that was obvious, "Me, of course."

This woman was crazy, did she really expect to be my Beta?

She would turn the pack into mayhem.

"You are not going to be my Beta," I said.

Her expression hardened, but before she could say anything the sound of gunshots in the distance grabbed our attention. It was soon followed by snarling and growls.