Chapter 30

Bambi POV:

There was a stunned filled silence as I waited for him to respond as I typed away the email. I can feel his eyes boring into me. I could just tell that he was trying to understand what it is that I said. Wondering if he had really heard me, correctly.

I sent the email, informing that I wanted to hold the meeting the day after tomorrow. For the rest of the week my time is going to be cramped with things to do and getting all these whole  pack alliance processed.

"Wh-?" he finally started.

A knock sounded at the door before Nathyn walked in, "Bambi, Ryker from Eclipse pack is here to see you, he said you called to have a meeting about an Alliance."

"Let him-"

"Tell him to come back later," Kaydon said, jumping up and shoving him out the door before slamming it shut.

I frowned at him, disapprovingly. The door banged open and Nathyn came in a snarl on his mouth as his body curled slightly to charge Kaydon.

I waved him off, making him freeze in his tracks. He slowly rose from his crouch and backed out the door. He shut the door, calmly, his eyes, the wild forest green of his furious wolf, on Kaydon as the door closed.

I looked to Kaydon,"Is there a reason why you physically-?"

"Explain yourself!" He demanded, glaring down at me.

My teeth clenched in annoyance.

"Explain what?" I asked as I leaned back.

"Murdered. You said her wolf was murdered. Explain that," he said.

"What's their to explain?" I frowned, "Her wolf was murdered, as a result the bond faded and thus leaving you and your father behind as if the bond never existed. Like the very core of her soul disappeared."

He stared at me.

And stared at me.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN KILLED?!" He yelled, "BY WHO? HOW? AND HOW IN THE HELL WOULD YOU KNOW!?"

The scent of his anger, pain, and confusion permeated the air. I stared at him. His chest was heaving and his eyes were intent as they demanded questions.

"You don't know about the Shadow Wolves?"

His expression screwed up in more confusion.

"Shadow Wolves?"

I nodded, "Yes, the Shadow Wolves, in a way  our brethren of sorts."

"What-" he sat down and leaned in, "are you talking about?"

I leaned back and sighed, "Did your parents ever tell-" I shook my head, "No, they wouldn't, of course, it's not like it's their responsibility anymore."

I scratched my cheek as I stood from my seat and approached my book shelves.

"You have heard of gifted wolves?"

"The Wolves of Legend? Of course, they were told as bedtime stories for the pups," he said, sounding irate, "What do they have to do with these shadow wolves?"

I grabbed a book, "Well, if you be quiet, I'm getting to that part."

I sat back in my seat flipping through the pages, "What do you know about these bedtime stories?"

He shook his head, frowning, "Uh, the gifted wolves were the good ones, they spread light and happiness to whomever followed them and taught the bad wolves to learn how to share."