Chapter 14

That's how the weeks progressed. Every morning, I wake up early to make breakfast, eventually I stopped snapping at everyone for eating the food I had made for my mate. Though, I made sure they could still feel my displeasure. When night came I headed out to stop the shadow wolves from getting to close to the pack. Kaydon was still not accepting of my advances.

Bruises were littering my body and making me sore in the morning. I had to wear more clothes than I was comfortable with. I was becoming more exhausted, and I believe that Kaydon was starting to notice because he was, discreetly, watching me more. Daxton had already taken a notice to it, due to our link.

He had started trying to follow me, which then I would have to knock him out. I still didn't know how I was going to get Kaydon to except me as his mate. He was still resisting and I was losing my patience. That chick Stephanie keeps on trying to make a pass at him while I'm not around, but when I am around she thinks it's ok to smirk at me, as if her Alpha could protect her forever.

My plans for her were almost complete. The kids who took over the "omega's" duties were now more appreciative towards them. Now they pick up their trash instead of letting it lie around.

I was sitting in my bed exhausted. I had just woken up from a very painful sleep. I looked down at my, now colorful, skin and grimaced at the bruises. It was the first thing I see in the morning, since I only sleep in my underwear. The cold air touched my bare skin making me shiver, slightly.

I got up from the bed, slowly, biting down a small groan.

Now, that I was fully standing, I just had to jump in the shower, get dressed, and head down to make breakfast. The thought had just left my head, when my door was slammed open. I turned, snarling, ready for a fight and relaxed my posture when I realized it was just Kaydon.

"I thought you were in charge of break-" he stared at me. I frowned at his unfinished words. Then my eyes widened in realization.

"Kaydon, you came to visit me?!" I squealed, happily, "Are you going to take me as your mate, now? I'm getting sick of waiting."

He just stared at me in what appeared to be shock. I looked down at myself and remembered I was naked. I felt no need to cover myself, since he was my mate. My body was his and his body was mine. Though, I did want to cover my bruises, and the way my nipples stood erect from the cold did make me feel slightly embarrassed.

"What the hell happened to you?!" he shouted, storming towards me.

I brightened and held out my hands, so I can take him into my arms. Instead, he grabbed my wrists and yanked my arms over my head to look my body over. I pursed my lips and frowned at his actions.

This was not how you entered somebody's arms.

Azriella rolled her eyes at me.

"Where did you get these bruises?" he demanded. I snatched my arms away and tried to wrap my arms around his neck. He pulled away and glared at me.

"Well?"  he demanded, sending a bolt of fury through me.

Azriella surfaced and I let her. I trusted her not to do anything stupid and rash when she takes over, just like she trusted me to give her control whenever she asked for it. Plus, she never tried to take control. She trusted me to do what's right for both of us. It helped that our thought process was always on sync on most things.

"Do not take that tone with me, Mate." she growled. Her voice was a husky feminine sound. It was a voice that naturally belonged in the bedroom. Telling from Kaydon's shiver he could sense it, too.

Kaydon frowned at us, "Why am I not speaking with Bambi?"

"Because, I wished to speak with you," Azriella said.

I watched from the background of my mind.

He narrowed his eyes at her,"I was trying to speak with Bambi."

"Tough," Azriella said as I thought it.

He glared.

"Now, I will speak and you will listen," Azriella said, "Bambi and I are Alphas. It is our right by birth. Never in our  life have we tolerated anyone's disrespect. Even before she shifted Bambi has learned to never be belittled by know one. It is why I chose to be her wolf. Those who defied her were crushed, by her hand, until they learned there place, and they came to respect her. Are you listening?"

Kaydon clenched his jaw, but nodded his head as he listened attentively.

"You are the exception. You have spoken to her as you wished. She let you get away with hurting her verbally and she allowed you to get away with fucking another she wolf. I even allowed it since she did. But the one thing we will not tolerate, even by you," she said, "you will never speak to us with such a patronizing manner."

Kaydon frowned and nodded.

"Now, rephrase your question," she ordered and gave me back control, but stayed on the edge of my mind to watch.

Kaydon stared at me, "I apologize for my rudeness the pass few weeks."

My lips tightened as I waited.

"Will you please tell me how you got those bruises?"

"No," I growled. He blanched at me.

"It is none of your concern," I continued, "The only thing you need to know..." I stepped forward and took his hand and placed it against the newest bruise across my throat.

"...every bruise I have, is a sign of how much I want you. It is my determination to have you. I will never give up. I will never stop. You are my mate, you will be mine." I said, firmly.

He snatched his hand away, yet I could see a flash of something cross his eyes before it quickly disappeared. It looked like joy.

He groaned in annoyance, "Why can't you just find a second mate? It's possible that you have one!"

I glared at him, hurt by his words, "Yeah, possible for you, perhaps."

He scowled at me, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It's possible you could have a second mate after me. But, for me, you are the one and only mate I'll ever have."

He made a face at me like he didn't believe me. Hell, he most likely didn't.

"You obviously don't believe me, whatever," I walked past him.

"I am done courting you. Now, I will simply wait. My actions are obviously not appreciated by you, since I have yet to hear a thank you. Tell your cooks they have the kitchen back."

I shut the door of the bathroom. Agony was tearing my chest apart, making me struggle to push away the thought that I may end up dying mate-less and without a family.