Chapter 16

I watched my mate run off to the battle. I followed behind him, slowly, assessing the situation.

I walked around the corner of the porch and watched the fight commence. Hunters had spilled onto the pack grounds and they were now shooting the wolves down. However; what Kaydon's pack didn't know,that I did,was that they were using tranquilizer darts as they should be. If they ever want to see the leader's infant triplets again, they know not to kill anyone. They just have to pose a distraction. As I watched, Kaydon jumped over a smaller wolf as he shifted in midair. He landed on his feet and growled at a hunter. From the distance, I heard the sound of a howl. Immediately, the hunters started retreating as rogues spilled onto the field.

I turned my back and entered the pack house following the disgusting sent of too much perfume. It lead me to the Alpha's office. I looked around and noticed the rug was slightly lifted. I pulled it up.

A door was in the ground. Of course, Kaydon would put the safe room in his office. I opened the door and went down the stairs. The scent was stronger down here, so were the smells of other pack members.

From the sound, I heard the cry of a wolf being wounded. I frowned at the sound, hoping that it was one of the rogues and not one of the pack members. If it was one of the pack member, then hopefully it wasn't a fatal wound.

I quickly followed the scents trail to the end. I finally came to the end of the tunnel. It was a huge dome. There was shelves with blankets on one side. On the other side, was another shelf filled with food, another shelf filled with water. There was even multiple chests filled with pillows.

Against the wall, were pack members huddled together. Children held in their mother's arms. Some were crying. Some were oblivious to what's happening and playing tag. They all looked at me.

Someone started towards me, "Luna, are you ok? Are you hurt?"

I glanced at her, she was a young girl, perhaps 14 years old.

She looked up at me with concerned grey eyes. I patted her on the head, "I am fine. Where is Stephanie?"

There was a shuffling among the group of females and then cursing. Finally, Stephanie was tossed out of the group and landed at my feet.

She looked at me as she quickly stood to her feet. I smirked at her.

She smirked at me, completely full of herself, "What are you going to do to me? Kaydon, will be angry if you even flick me."

I laughed in her face.

"Kaydon, is always angry when it comes to me," I said, "Do you honestly believe I'm afraid of my mate?"

She scowled, "He could reject you!"

I snickered, "He's already tried that."

Her scowl deepened, "He could go to war with your pack!"

"First, you're just an overused pussy. You're not that important to go to war over. Second, if anyone even dared to go to war with my pack they would be slaughtered. Third, if Kaydon were not my mate, I would kill him in just 3 seconds flat, the war would be over and his pack would be mine."

She spluttered trying to come back with an argument.

"That's enough," I wrapped my hand around her throat as her eyes widened in panic.

I squeezed, slowly. She clawed at my hands.

I shook my head at her, "Plus, I have more in store for you than a simple flick."

She went limp in my hand and I tossed her over my shoulder.

The females and children were stunned into stillness as they stared at me in shock.

I smiled at them and tilted my head  in parting, before I turned my back going back out the entrance.

As I was leaving I heard one of the children ask about me.

"Mommy, is the Luna good or bad?"

I listened with a slight smirk as the child's mother quietly shushed her child.

I carried Stephanie back to the entrance of the underground haven and tossed her back up through the opening. I winced, slightly, at the sound of her hitting  the ground. I shrugged before leaping up after her.

I didn't feel like picking her up again, so I just dragged her by her leg going through the house and to the back door.

I admit it. I had a huge grin going down the stairs.

I stepped onto the porch and looked into the trees. I whistled a sharp tune and watched three rogues step out of the bushes. They looked around before hurrying to the porch. They shifted.

"This is her?" he asked.

"Yes, take her," I said, pushing her limp form towards them.

"You wanted to take her where?"

"To my pack."

"What's in it for us?" he asked and his two friends nodded in agreement.

"Depends on what it is you want."

They looked at each other, before they looked at me again. "Could we get back to you on that?"

I shrugged, "Just let my Beta know to put you in a room until I get there."

"You're sure they won't kill us on sight?"

"I already contacted my Beta and told him of the situation."

They nodded before picking Stephanie up. I stepped off the porch and pulled a bag from beneath the deck. I turned it over and spilled out silver chains.

They stared at me in surprise.

"Hurry up and go," I ordered and went to go check out the front.

Some rogues were dead on the ground,  luckily, some of the pack members were wounded, but not fatally so.

Kaydon was fighting off three wolves, making my blood warm at how strong he is.

In the distance another howl sounded. This time it was a sound of retreat. Well, of those who were alive to retreat.

I leaned against the pillar and watched the pack assemble itself. Kaydon went around and checked on everyone, nudging them with his snout. I went back into the house and continued on with the plan.