Chapter 23

KAYDON:

I could feel it in the air. Hell, I could practically smell it. The air stank with the acrid scent of the pack's rage as they all turned to give me heated glares.

But I didn't care about them.

What the hell did I do? Why did I say that?

I wanted to crush my head into the table.

I WANT TO CRUSH YOUR HEAD IN MY TEETH! Axle howled, furiously.

I winced at the headache of his voice ringing through my head.

I inhaled deeply before I could work up the courage to look at Dayna and Richard. Seeing how their daughter is, I didn't want to see how bonkers and angry their daughter is, but then again it was said that children come out 10% worse than their parents. So.....

Perhaps.....

I can't even convince myself that they won't be just as nutty as their daughter.

I looked at them and almost felt relief.

Their expressions were just as furious as the rest of the pack and their jaws were tightened, I'm surprised it didn't shatter. But thank goddess, they didn't have the same menacing rage that Bambi has.

"I'm so-"

Dayna hissed, furiously, "Quiet!"

I quieted.

"Now, this first impression meeting has clearly gone to shit," Dayna said, breathing deeply, "my daughter has been hurt in front of her entire pack, no problem. Everybody here, who is extremely loyal to her is now very angry. That was completely smart. You're a freaking genius."

Richard had gotten distracted as he watched his mate go on and on.

"Anywho, carrying on from the topic of my daughter's worthless, disgraceful mate's slanderous words, it is getting late so finish your food and I will give you the undeserving tour to your prison chambers."

I gawked at her.

She smiled, slyly, "Oh, I'm sorry I meant your room. Can't exactly put you in a cell, you know? Bambi would be furious. You know Bambi, the mate you don't want? Yes, even hurt as she is, she would still be furious if anyone so much as hurts her mate. Loyal, isn't she? To think your ungrateful self hurt her with such harsh words, you must be feeling absolutely horrid. Anyway, finish up."

She went back to eating or more like stabbing her steak.

Well, that was surprising. I was feeling a mixture of stunned, stupid, and guilty.

Richard was staring at her like he was waiting.

Still waiting.

Dayna finally noticed. She raised her brow as if saying 'what?'

"You're done?"

"Eating or conversing?"

"Conversing? That sounded more like a calm...shitty...guilt trip. Yeah, a calm shitty guilt trip."

"Yes, I am done."

She started eating her food instead of murdering it. Richard looked at her one more time before turning to me.

He glared before proceeding to eat.

I, on the other hand, didn't feel like eating, however I forced it down. Axle finally quieted and settled with growling in the background.

Throughout the dinner, you could see the occasional wolf glaring at me or growling.

Her pack was clearly loyal to her for Goddess knows what reason. Even my own pack was uncomfortable with the exchange.