Chapter 24

Bambi:

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

I sighed, deeply. This was not how it was supposed to be, I thought, as I thumped my head, softly against the wall connecting my room to his room.

Thump.

It was supposed to be a happy meeting. Like something out of a fairytale. Like I had always imagined. He would freeze and look at me in wonder as our eyes caught. I would have run into his arms and he'd pick me up and spin me around as if we had known each other our whole lives.

Pain continued blooming in my chest in my crushed disappointment.

"I don't want a mate like you!"

I whimpered softly to myself as I felt m y eyes well up in tears.

He would've held his hand up to caress my cheeks as I closed my eyes and relished in his loving hands while I sighed in bliss.

But...no.... reality is cruel.

He ran away from me. He turned his back and just booked it, just to go bend over another female. Like he hadn't just looked into my eyes just two hours before. Like I meant nothing.

Azraella snarled softly in my head.

Why wasn't I good enough for him? Did he not think I was worthy? Did he think I was...Inadequate?

Kill them, then, Vanitate murmured, Kill them all.

As she made her appearance known next to Azraella. Azraella looked at her for a long moment, before seeming to accept her.

'Azraella? You just accept her like that?'

She shrugged, She is your wolf as much as I am.

Then, I accepted this.

'Vanitate, why are you coming into the picture with a morbid suggestion?' I wondered.

Our mate has hurt you, she said, he has brought you to tears after all the things you did for him. Make him submit to you.

'I can force him into utter submission whenever I please', I told her, 'It is very easy to crush a person's will down to fine dust.'

Then why don't you do it? Why do you allow him to get away with such things? She asked.

'Because I want him to have a will of his own. I do not want a dog, that walks in my shadow with his tail forever tucked between his legs. I want a man that stands tall beside me as my equal. That will run the same path as me, willingly."

And if he doesn't? They both asked in sync.

'Then it doesn't matter, does it? No matter what I do, he will never accept me. So, I'll destroy everything he loves. Everything he holds dear. Everything he thinks he's fighting for. What makes him, him. He will be mine," I listened to his soft breathing as he slept, peacefully on the other side of the wall, 'even if I have to rain down blood on his very existence.'

They growled, softly, in approval and I smiled, almost purring as my bloodlust was felt throughout the entire pack.