Cake

Age: Both 9 years old

-

"You sure your mom is okay with this Eren?" Levi asked swinging his legs from the chair he sat in.

Eren remerged from the cupboard, his clothes and hair slightly dusty.

"Levi I'm a 120% sure that she doesn't mind." He said placing ingredients on the counter.

"Eren go clean yourself. You're filthy." Levi exclaimed swatting Eren's hand away.

"Am not!"

"Are too! If you don't go wash up I'll," Levi paused thinking, "I'll never kiss you again."

Eren quickly ran to the bathroom, coming back later holding out his hands for Levi to inspect.

After a few seconds Levi gave Eren a nod of approval.

"Now let's hurry and make this cake before my mother gets here." Levi told Eren walking over to the ingredients.

"Eren why do you have two different kind of cake mixes?"

"Because I like rainbow cake."

Levi giggled," Eren first you can't make a rainbow cake with just two flavors and second the cake is for my mom  and I don't think she likes rainbow cake."

"Everyone likes rainbow cake." Eren insisted.

"Let's just make the chocolate one." Levi stated grabbing the box filled with chocolate cake mix.

Eren rushed to him snatching the box, "I wanna open it!"

Levi rolled his eyes and watched him quickly open the box.

Eren struggled ripping the bag that held the mix open.

Levi was about to help him when brown dust flew up in the air and around the kitchen.

Eren face showed shock at first but then he looked to Levi and grinned, "I think we should make a vanilla cake instead."

_

Levi was on his hands and knees sweeping the cake mix off the ground and into a dust pan with a hand broom.

Levi paused and looked at Eren, "Why am I down here cleaning you're mess while you're making the cake."

Eren stopped stirring the batter and looked down at Levi.

"Because we both know you can't bake and you like to clean don't you?" Eren giggled.

"Shush."

_

Levi was trying to get Eren to let him lick the pan but Eren wasn't having any of it.

"In my kitchen we don't lick cake pans." Eren said waving a finger around.

"Your kitchen?" Levi asked laughing.

"Yes my kitchen." Eren said pouting.

"I'm the best baker in this house." Eren huffed.

"What about your mother?" Levi asked propping on the counter.

Eren let out a loud laugh, "Oh please Levi I have long surpassed her."

_

"Eren that's not how you spell Kuchel!" Levi exclaimed looking at the cake which had 'Happy Birthday Kechel' in red icing.

Eren shrugged, "She'll never notice." Eren said causing Levi to roll his eyes.

"It's her name of course she'll-"

A knock at the door interrupted Levi.

"Too late she's here." Eren said carefully taking the cake off the counter.

Levi followed closely behind Eren as they walked in the living room where Carla was giving Kuchel her present.

"Happy Birthday!" Levi and Eren shouted shi wither the cake.

_

Levi and Eren sat on the floor, Levi had just finished eating his slice of cake while Eren ate his slowly.

"I have to admit Eren, that was the best cake I've ever tasted."

Eren stopped eating and turned to Levi with a wide grin, "Of course it's the best! I made it didn't I?"

_

//unedited//

Thank you for reading!

Comments give me life so leave me a few 😊