On the First Night

We meet again well time to start the chapter.

Annabeth POV

I walked towards the beach while others head to the campfire. As I reached the beach I ducked low and hid behind the bushes glancing around I saw the commander sitting alone by the water. Stopping quickly I silently watched him until I realized this was really creepy. As if on cue he said

"You know that's really creepy"

Stepping out of the bushes I walked towards him and plunked down beside him. "Fine," I drawl "I won't be creepy anymore."

He laughed and continued to stare at the sea. "So, what are you doing?" I ask

He replies "Looking at the water"

Figuring that would the best answer I would get out of that I asked "Who are you?"He looked over at me and said

"I'm Pistos Commander of the Chaos Army."

"But before?" I asked.

He stiffened and responded "The past is something I don't like to talk about."

"Oh" Well I thought he's not very outgoing. We just sat there in silence. After a bit I asked "So... why do you have so many powers?"

He gave an exasperated sigh and muttered "I had hoped you would give up."

I continued to stare at him

"Fine I'll tell you. After Chaos found me and made me commander he gave me one or two of the powers of each Olympian God including Hestia and Hades and excluding my father" he said.

"AHA" I nearly yell.

"What?" he asked

"Your father is an Olympian God!" I exclaim

"W-w-what I never said that... oh wait." He stutters than curses under his breath.

"So which one?" I ask

"I'm not telling" he growls

I let out a disappointed sigh wondering why this guy won't tell me anything. I usually can read people pretty fast through their body language but Pistos gives off nothing.

"Well I'm heading over to the campfire. Good bye." I said as I got up left. He didn't say anything his eyes never leaving the ocean.

Pistos POV

The meeting with Annabeth left me a bit... unnerved. I hadn't realized how much I missed camp, the games, the campfire, and my friends. No I told myself this is like any other mission I can do this. Sadly my other half didn't agree arguing this was and is still is your home!!! Shaking it off I decided to head over to the campfire.

When I arrived the camp was in the middle of a sing-along led by the Apollo campers. I just quietly stayed in the shadows of the woods listening. After a couple more rounds of sing-along songs Annabeth clapped her hands and yelled "Listen up!" after everyone settled down she continued "Today campers we'll be hearing about the adventures of Perseus-"

She was interupted when a little girl asked "Which one"

Annabeth smiled and said "The adventures of Perseus Jackson. Since the Chaos army probably hasn't heard of him we will start with the first told to you by Grover Underwood!"

I sat there shocked about the fact that they told my story over and over to generations of kid. Than I saw Grover as he climbed the stairs I realized how much he had grown he looked stronger and definetly looked way more confident by his demeanor. He cleared his throat as he arrived in front and began "Hello campers and the Army of Chaos I'm Grover Underwood of the Council of Cloven Elders and I was a good friend of Perseus known to us as Percy. Today I will be telling you about Percy's first quest commonly reffered to as the The Lightning Thief. It all began in sixth grade..." (I will not give a summary of book because you should've read it already). After the tale was complete Annabeth got up and informed everyone to head to there cabins for curfew and that the secind part of the story would come tomorrow.

As I headed back to the ship I heard many whispers about how amazing Percy Jackson must have been to defeat a god, head into the underworld, and complete a quest all at the age of twelve.

After arriving at the ship I called Gamyra over for her analysis of the camp. She ran me down on a few details saying how the Camp was decently trained definetly no where near are level of power and how we should change some of the training to be a bit more intense. After a few nods of agreement I asked "Is there anything else?"

She hesitated and opened her mouth to ask something but closed it and shook her head I dismissed her and walked out to see Alpha waiting with a concerned look on his face. I brushed past him but he wouldn't have any of it using his Hermes power of speed to get in front me before asking,

"Pistos are you okay?"

"I'm fine" I mutter. He just glared at me.

"I'm really okay" I insist

"If you say so" he says

"Thank you, now if you don't mind my bed is calling." I snap in my fatigued state.

I entered my room climbed into my room and was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

I dreamt that night and it was terrible first I say a vivid vision about myself where I see myself lying in a pool of blood dying slowly but surely my body flashes then morphs into my friends Grover, Each of my warriors, Thalia, ect, before ending with Annabeth and I float there watching her die as a dark voice whisper "I can stop this, just join me." and the dream went dark.

I woke up in a cold sweat glanced at my alarm clock and realized it was 2 in the morning. Muttering a curse I settled back only to hear the conch blow signalling something was amiss.

Flicking up my hood and scrambled out the ship to where a crowd of campers where circled around something. I pushed my way through to find Annabeth leaning over a girl dribbling Nectar in her throat. She looked up and I nearly stumbled back at the sight of the bruised, cut, and fatigued Hazel.

She choked out "Shadow travelled....rode
Arion all... all the way here.... Rome under attack" before she slumped into unconsiousness.

Oh my! What will happen next? And special thanks to fluffypotatoes for being the first to comment!