We Solve Some Riddles

Pistos POV

We just stood there for a couple seconds before Annabeth noted "Uh, can't you just contact him on your phone?"

"Oh yeah," I said as I whipped out the phone and typed a quick message. A few seconds later my phone dinged as he replied saying that he'd be here in a couple minutes. Sure enough a couple minutes later he and Nerida ran into the library.

"What do you need me for?" he asked.

"Well, you see there's this book that you have called The Fate of Universe something, something, something." I answered.

"You mean The Fate of the Universe Lies in this Book's Hands even though it does not have Hands Because it's a Book that Void told me never to open?" he asked.

"That one exactly," I clarified.

"But... uh I'm not suppose to open it." he said.

"Because I'm suppose to open it," I told him like it was the most obvious thing in the world, "Well, me or anybody who's not a god."

"So how will this book help us save the Universe," asked Annabeth.

"You see we will open the book by solving a riddle which will lead to another riddle that will lead us to Void's copy of the prophecy about me and Order which will help us save the world!" I explained.

"Wait why does Void have a copy I asked to have the only copy of the prophecy?" questioned Chaos

"I dunno." I said 

"Maybe he just has the original written piece and he gave you a copy of that," suggested Nerida

"Yeah lets go with that" I say as I remembered that Void mentioned a few copies of the prophecy but I decided not to share that information. 

"Fine let me go get the book... now where did I put my list of passwords?" I heard him ask himself as he walked away.

"So Annabeth find any good books?" I asked

"Oh yes so many books on alien architecture, gods and all. It's all so, so fascinating," she said.

"Do other planets have alien gods?" asked Nerida.

"Oh yes you'd be surprised by how many gods are found in the Universe however Earth being one of the oldest planets have some of the more powerful gods in the Universe," I explained.

"What about the human race versus other aliens?" she inquired.

"Well, that's a different story. Because we didn't receive fire for quite some time and humans are slower at inventing than other alien races we're more middle of the pack in that area. As you can probably see from our spaceships Earth is still far behind many races. Also no aliens are allowed to attack Earth unless they want to face the wrath of the Army. It's the only planet part of the Chaotic Planets Association were the majority of residents don't know about or believe in Chaos. The exceptions of course being the so called "myths," I answered.

"Wait so does basically the entire Universe have this whole trading, travelling, and such system well the Earth is kept in dark? Why?" questioned Annabeth.

"The planets each basically represent a country on Earth if that's is what you mean however most are also all under Chaotic rule except for some planets that just want to be separate and as long as they don't cause trouble they're left alone. As for why Earth isn't apart of it when Gaea and the Titans were in charge of the Earth they decided they wanted to have the protection of the Chaotic Planets Association in case of an emergency but wanted to rule Earth without Chaos' intervention and when the gods took power they decided to keep it that way." I respond.

"But why didn't the Army stop the gods from winning?" asked Annabeth.

"Back then the rules were different. In order to justify saving a planet the attack had to be interplanetary not planetary. Chaos and the Council of Elder Gods eventually changed that so that it was up to their digression if the attack was planetary who they chose to support in the fight if they chose to support anybody. We've had times where we've taken over planets just to bring in a completely new rulers. The rule change happened about 400 years ago and is why the Army didn't come to your aid in either the Second Titan or Giant War," I answered. Just after I finished another brief explanation on how Universal Politics work Chaos came running into the room. I noted that his suit was peppered with holes, his hair was smoking, and a he had several Hello Kitty band-aids on his fingers. "Finally, what took you so long," I muttered.

"Oh you know... wrong passwords... and such... Nothing... I... couldn't handle," he said while gasping for breath before handing the book over to me. I flip it over and read the words on the back aloud,

"In order to open this book you must solve the following riddle. Say Tybitylopri then give your answer before you open the book. You have 3 tries."

"Wrong. 2 more tries," said the book

"Whoops," was all I could say.

"Give me that," demanded Annabeth before grabbing the book out of my hands and reading the riddle.

"So-" I started

"Shush, I'm thinking." she complained.

Quietly I take the book from her hand and read it before I gave it to Nerida. The riddle was,

What am I? When you know what I am, then I am nothing. When you do not know what I am, then I am something?  

"I don't get it," I informed them. Looking over at Chaos I asked "Do you understand it?" He shook his head negative. I glance over at Nerida she shrugged her shoulders equally baffled. Finally all eyes turned on Annabeth. She opened her eyes took the book and whispered something into it. It popped open.

"So what's the answer?" I ask curious.

"Just try and figure it for yourself and I'll tell you if you can't get it soon," she responded a bit to smugly.

"Fine. I will," I decided. While she was reading the new riddle I snuck out my phone and typed in the riddle clicking on the first link I discovered the answer was a riddle.

"Alright," began Annabeth, "it appears this riddle if you can call it a riddle is describing a certain spot on some planet I don't know anything about," glancing up she saw me on my phone and rolled her eyes as she muttered something under her breath. "Here tell me where we need to go," she ordered giving me the page.

It read, At the planet of old found lying it will be in the Cavern of Ancients.

Thinking back at my lessons on the Universe trying to remember what the Cavern of Ancients were. "Oh we're on the planet of old, " I said suddenly remembering.

"And the Cavern of Ancients..." Annabeth started.

"Is where the Council of Elder Gods was formed in the heart of the planet!" I finished.

"Nobody has been there in years! I'll lead you to my staircase as it's impossible to teleport to the cavern you can only exit using that method." Explained Chaos.

"Why?" we asked in unison.

He shrugged his shoulders and said "Because."

After a trek throughout the Palace we arrived at Chaos' Office we entered and Chaos opened a drawer with a small key in it. He placed it into a random keyhole that had been on the wall and a door appeared. He muttered a small incantation and it opened. Before we entered Chaos had some words of advice.

"Because of how easy it's to obtain the location I'm guessing there will be traps along the way. Very dangerous traps. Be on guard at all times you have no idea wait sort of traps Void has dreamed up even if you're the one meant to get the prophecy," he warned.

I nodded in agreement. Just before we entered he pulled 3 bags out of thin air and handed them off. "These have supplies that with help you into the cavern. Good-luck."

He closed the door and we were swallowed by darkness.

Another chapter done. As always Rick Riordan actually owns PJO and HOO not me. 

Percy Jackson Chaos' Greatest Commanderजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें