Chapter 1 ("Kyle")

"Can we just be done with this soap opera so I can go back to bed?" I seethed.

There was no logical circumstance that should have put my ex-wife in my condo. I took another hard swig of scotch letting the fiery liquid slide down my throat. I shouldn't have been drinking, especially so early but the sound of her high-pitched voice—hell, the very sight of her made every muscle in my body tense with disdain.

Her green eyes widened. At least, they tried to as much as they could. Her face was so tight and sculpted I was surprised she still could show human emotion. Gina Lowery pulled it off though because she was an actress. Not by occupation, by occupation, she was a gold digger that somehow managed a social media modeling career. My guess was that it wasn't working out so well since here she was in my new Los Angeles condo, walking around my living room like it was the mansion I sold after the divorce was final.

My manager's voice still rang in my head, Better she tells you than go to the press. When I told her that we could talk, I didn't think it means that she would come to my home the next day. I didn't even think she knew where I lived.

"I just wanted to let you know that I release you." Her red lip curled into an angry glare at me as she flipped her long blond Barbie hair over her shoulder that looked as her full cleavage coming out of her low cut white dress.

"You release me?" I huffed, "I released you four years ago when our divorce was final, but congratulations on your realization of that. Now, why are you here?"

She took a dramatic breath and let it out, "I just wanted to let you know, that I've been in therapy."

"Good."

Her eyes narrowed and she shot a sharp look at me, "She thinks that I should make amends with my past so that I can move forward."

"Well consider yourself absolved," I chuckled deeply, "Now get the fuck out!"

"There is something I never told you Jaxon."She pushed her lips together making a slight crease in her forehead.

I could only assume the secret was that she slept with more people I knew. My bandmates, my manager, at this point, I didn't care. I made my way toward her guiding her out of my house and out of my life. If she wanted to go to the press about her being a slut, that was her problem.

She dug through her big white purse again and pulled out and manila envelope and slapped it against my chest. "I think we might have a baby, Jaxon."

"Bullshit." I bit down on my bottom lip hating the flood of memories that came back to me. I should have been grateful that the universe didn't want us to procreate, "You want to dick me out of my money. I'm getting a paternity test."

"It was by a surrogate." She said, "Read the paperwork. The ultrasound is in there, and the dates all add up." She let out another unsteady breath, "The doctor disappeared, then after the divorce, you cut me off. What was I supposed to do?" She threw her hands up, "I just wanted to tell you that you may or may not have a baby out there. I'm freeing you. I'm getting married next year and I needed to clear my conscience."

"Give him my sympathy." I hissed.

I watched her walk out of my house. I was going to go back to bed, but my curiosity got the better of me, I opened the envelope and studied the words on the page, November 1, 2013... Mr and Mrs. Jaxon Chase, known hereinafter as (Genetic father and mother)...Patient V, known hereinafter as (Surrogate mother)..."

I shook my head and pinched the bridge of my nose. I couldn't believe it. I didn't believe it. This had to be a trick. I noticed a shiny slip of paper by my shoe. I new an ultrasound picture from the 2 miscarriages Gina had, that at least I knew about. It twisted my stomach at the thought that she would use an old ultrasound to try and get money out of me.