II. ginger's curse

Chapter Status: Edited.

[For anyone wondering Take Me Over was set from July to about September and this is in June the next year]

"Anna, can you meet me at my parent's house?" Tahlia requests.

She walks briskly out of the hospital's entrance, her phone gripped tightly in her hand, of which is shaking. Anna frowns, seeming to hear that Tahlia does not sound quite right.

"Tahlia, what's wrong?" Anna frowns.

"My parents have been lying to me, I need emotional support," Tahlia sighs.

She had not spoken to her parents in nearly a week, she has been living with Henry and Anna for almost a year now, and she has not had the time to visit.

"What about Chloe? We can't leave her here alone yet," Anna points out.

Tahlia stops in her tracks, "oh yeah, um, just tell her to go home, we can finish everything tomorrow."

"Okay, I'll tell her now, I'll meet you there in ten," Anna agrees.

"See you then."

Tahlia hangs up, sliding her phone in the pocket of her black jumper. When she arrives, she uses her magic to unlock the door. She had lost her key a few months ago so it is her only way in.

"Mum! Dad!" Tahlia yells.

"Hey, sis!"

June smiles brightly, but does not make a move to look at her sister. She sits on the corner of the couch, eyes glued to the television screen as she eats chocolate.

"Same," Tahlia mumbles before her Mum jogs into the room. "Mum, what's this about you being 26 years younger than you're supposed to be?" Tahlia asks before her mother can even say hello.

She sees the fear in her mother's eyes, seeming to be frozen, her eyes wide.

"What's this?" June questions, pausing the TV.

"How did you know that?" her mother asks softly.

"Oh, it's a little thing called Maths," Tahlia spits, much harsher than intended.

Her mother sighs, "I'll go get your father and Caleb, we should all talk about this together."

She leaves the room and Tahlia collapses on the couch beside June, staring at her hands, which fiddle together on her lap. June stares at her in slight confusion, Tahlia then looks up at the clock above her before looking back at her sister, hesitant to speak.

"What's happening?" June frowns.

"Mum and Dad are supposed to be 72," Tahlia replies.

"Oh okay... WHAT?" June screeches.

"What? What happened?" Anna asks, running into the house.

Tahlia frowns before realising she had left the door open, June then stands up quickly.

"My parents are supposed to be 72!"

Anna's eyes widen and she slowly shuts the door, seeming just as dumbfounded as June.

"What?" she squeaks.

"I did the Maths, it all works out," Tahlia grumbles.

Anna nods, "oh."

Anna seems to be in more shock than Tahlia was when she figured it out. Her and June sit on the couch in sync just before Elizabeth returns with Caleb and Daniel.

"Sit down Caleb," Daniel says strongly.

Caleb frowns at them incredulously before sitting beside Anna. Elizabeth then notices her, frowning, she thinks for a moment.