XIV. missing neverland

Chapter Status: Edited.

"Do you still have some of that potion?" Sandy demands aggressively.

"I don't know! I'll have to look!" Dr Whale replies in panic.

He picks up the phone in the room and calls the receptionist.

"Yes, it's Dr Whale, look I need that potion... WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU PUT IT? I HAVE A DYING PATIENT THAT NEEDS IT!" he screams.

"You have two dying patients," Chloe says, looking up from her phone.

"Henry?" Sandy asks.

Chloe nods.

"Henry? No, he won't be able to survive this!" Dr Whale snaps, slamming the phone down.

"Trust me, I've read about connection spells, he'll be fine," Chloe says, leaning back in her chair.

"What do you mean?" Sandy asks, frowning down at her.

Chloe sighs and stands up, "the frostbite won't have the same effect on him as it does on Tahlia."

Chloe's eyes flicker to Tahlia for a moment before looking back at Sandy.

"Meaning that Henry will wake up with no damage to his body whatsoever when Tahlia does," she explains.

"And if Tahlia dies?" Sandy asks.

"He'll wake up... but he won't be the same," she looks down.

"What do you mean he won't be the same?" Regina appears at the door behind them, making them jump.

"Nothing will be wrong with him physically or mentally, but he won't be the same emotionally. I made a project on mind links a while back, if she were to die, Henry will become extremely depressed because the link broke so suddenly, and Tahlia's death, naturally, will mess with him as well," she explains.

"So, what do we do?" Regina asks worriedly, not wanting anything to happen to her son... or Tahlia for that matter.

"You need to take out her heart, the potion will only work once, no one's had frostbite twice before," she explains.

Regina nods and waves her hand; a box appears, and she steps forward.

"Do I need to take Henry's out too?" she asks.

Chloe shakes her head, "no, the link doesn't affect him physically, just mentally."

Regina nods, and in an instant, her hand is inside of her chest. Regina then pulls out her heart and places it in the box.

"I'll keep it in my vault, it will be safe there," she says before the box disappears.

Sandy frowns, looking at Tahlia, "I wonder what's happening in her head this time."

Tahlia's eyes flicker open, she is in a tent, covered with blankets, she knows where she is. She sits up and rubs her eyes, not being able to hear anyone, Tahlia assuming they are all asleep. So, she opens her tent and steps outside, it is dark out, stars shining brightly above her. The wind softly breezes past, making the leaves on the trees that surround her rustle.

The fire, that sits in the middle of the campground, moves with the wind, beginning to die as the night nears its end. Over on the horizon, the sun is beginning to rise, the sky above still black, but it is beginning to grow lighter.

"Good morning."

She does not need to turn around to know who it belongs to.

"Do you ever sleep, Jamie?"