IX. izzy

Chapter Status: Edited.

[Guess who's back? Back again. Chloe's back, tell a friend ;) ]

Tahlia looks up, her hands clenched tightly by her sides, everything around them is silent. No one moves or makes a sound, the street is almost completely empty, everyone else decided to stay indoors, where it is safe. Mr and Mrs Kennedy hold hands tightly, Caleb hugs June, trying to keep her calm as they wait. Footsteps grow louder and louder, the sound of heels hitting concrete echoing, and ice begins to cover the ground and buildings.

Tahlia looks straight at them, the sky above her is dark, thunder occasionally roars like a mighty lion. Anger builds inside of her, fire lights up her hands, she doesn't even notice it's there until she looks down. In front of her four figures walk, Jadis, Jack, Ginarrbrik, who she remembers from her dream of Narnia, and a girl who she does not know.

A shiver runs through her body, "you have to do this," she thinks to herself, "for your friends, your family... for Max."

When they are only a few meters ahead of her she looks at the unknown girl. She is no taller than Tahlia, looking only 17 or 18, her skin is pale and clear. Her hair is light brown but fades into white as it reaches the bottom, her eyes silver. Izzy. Tahlia almost forgets about the danger that awaits at the disbelief that Peter convinced her to come. They all come to a stop, Izzy and Ginarrbrik standing slightly behind Jadis and Jack.

"Ah, we meet again," Jadis is the first to speak.

"That we do," Tahlia replies.

"She's scared, I can see it in her eyes," Jack says, a smirk on his face.

"And you're ugly, I can see that on your face," she does not know what came over her as she spoke.

I think I've spent too much time around Peter.

Jack's smirk disappears, she can tell he is trying to hold back his anger.

"You have a death wish," Izzy spoke, her British accent thick.

"Silence Izzy," Jadis says sharply, "I only have one rule about this fight, you don't touch my daughter," Jadis states warningly, stepping closer to Tahlia.

"I won't hurt her if you don't hurt any of them."

Tahlia looks at everyone behind her for a moment before turning back to look at Jadis.

"Deal", she replies.

She steps back so she is beside Jack, and without a word, Jack throws a pointed stick of ice at her. Tahlia quickly holds up her hand, the ice stopping in mid-air before dropping to the ground.

"You have to do better than that," Tahlia laughs lightly, taunting them.

Izzy shakes her head, looking down at the ground. Jack is quick to react, throwing multiple pieces at her, Caleb quickly let's go of June and runs forward, helping Tahlia stop them.

"Two against one isn't really fair!" Caleb says confidently.

Jadis rolls her eyes and waves her hand, a gust of cold wind throws him backwards.

"Caleb!" Tahlia shouts, "you can't hurt any of them!" she reminds her, turning back around to face them.

"He got involved, I can hurt anyone that is in this fight," she smirks.

A ball of fire appears in Tahlia's hand, she quickly throws it at Jadis, purposely hitting the top of her arm. Jadis groans, but ice quickly moves over the burn and she begins to laugh as she looks up.