XVII. the last beat

Chapter Status: Edited.

[This chapter is dedicated to one of my favourite Kpop groups: Seventeen. (hehe lol) They're peasants, but they're really talented and I love them so you should check them out. :)] 

[also at the end of the chapter it will go between neverland and storybrooke, but you'll know which is which because of italics and normal]

Sandy sits down across from Aaron, he looks up from his phone and immediately sits up straight.

"Hey," he says softly, scratching the back of his neck with his free hand.

"Hey," Sandy replies, equally as quiet.

She tries to hide the smile that was threatening to reveal itself as she sits down across from him.

"How are you?" Aaron then asks.

Sandy shrugs slightly, looking down at the table and then back up at him.

"Yeah, I'm okay, just trying to process it all, what about you?" she asks.

He also nods, "yeah, I've been okay, it's been hard, though. With my sister dying, and having to look after Matt alone, and now with Tahlia in a coma, it's been rough, but we're getting through it okay," he explains.

"How's Matt taking it all?" she asks softly.

She has met Matt a few times, and he is a very nice and happy kid, it hurts her to hear that he and Aaron are struggling.

"It's taken a toll on him, Athena died just before his birthday, he's been really quiet, but he's just hoping that Tahlia makes it out of this one," he says softly.

Sandy frowns, "I'm sorry to hear about your sister, Tahlia told me about her, her whole family were so distraught when they heard the news."

She knows talking about it is not the best option, but she wants him to know that she is there for him.

"Yeah, well anyway, do you have any ideas on how to wake Tahlia?" he questions.

"Yeah, well Peter managed to create this call thing with Tahlia in it, she said that Henry knows how to wake her up but he has no clue what to do," she explains.

Aaron frowns, "why does she think Henry knows what to do?" he questions.

"Because he was there when she woke up last time," she replies.

"Well, you know this isn't the first time Tahlia's been in a coma or a powerful spell has been used," he says.

Sandy looks down, "I mean, I was there when she woke up the first time," she says, looking back up, "but I don't remember much," she admits.

"Well, let's think, so what do we know so far?" he asks.

"Just that we need to wake her up with something that's stronger than true love's kiss, and that Jadis and Jack might have made it incurable," she replies.

"Well, it can't be incurable, I know a thing or two about spells and if Henry was able to wake up with just a kiss then it can't be that powerful," he explains.

"Maybe Regina didn't wake him up with a kiss, we were thinking it could be something you say to the person, but Regina doesn't think so," Sandy wonders.

Then her phone rings.

"Sandy! I'm at your house, where are you?" Chloe shouts hurriedly before Sandy can even mutter a hello.

"I'm at Granny's with Aaron, why?" Sandy frowns.

"Well- wait, Aaron?" Chloe asks.

Sandy can practically see her frown, "yeah, it's a long story, um, what's up?"