V. cold flashes

Chapter Status: Edited.

[I'M BACK! This is also dedicated to Amy_Midkiff and  Fvckin5SOSbiches  for being so active lately! You're awesome!]

"Okay, so you have to concentrate, really focus on your emotions," Tahlia instructs.

Sandy closes her eyes and after half a minute of trying to create fire, she gives up. Her eyes open, a frustrated and upset look on her face, she sighs and allows her arms to flimsily fall to her sides.

"It's no use, I can't seem to do it anymore!" Sandy says in anger, throwing her arms in the air in defeat. "I hate this, why did it have to be me?" she asks before sitting down on the floor.

"Hey, it takes some people a little longer to do it, you just really need to concentrate," Tahlia says softly.

"Maybe I should just let the curse kill me," Sandy mumbles.

Tahlia glares at her, "don't you dare say that, now stand up and try again!" Tahlia demands.

Sandy sighs before getting up.

"You're angry, right?" Tahlia asks.

"Obviously," Sandy spits.

"I don't know what the hell's gotten into you, but you seriously need to calm down." Tahlia pauses, "actually, use that anger, think about everything you hate and just focus on those things, not anything else."

"How is that going to do anything?" Sandy questions.

"Focusing on creating the fire isn't going to do anything just yet. You need to light a fire inside before you can make one outside," she explains.

"Is that really going to work?" Sandy asks.

"It will, trust me, now, close your eyes," Tahlia smiles.

Sandy closes her eyes.

"What makes you angry?"

"Everything, this stupid curse, my stupid job," Sandy starts.

"What else?"

"My stupid parents, they think they know everything, but they don't, they know nothing about me," she growls.

Without needing to say a word, Tahlia watches Sandy continue.

"They fight a lot nowadays, my Mother is so stuck up, she thinks she's perfect. They're going to get a divorce, even if they don't know it yet," she spits.

Tahlia feels horrible for her, but it is working, she can see the fire beginning to light in her hands.

"What was your school like?" Tahlia asks.

"It was stupid, the teachers were horrible, the students were even worse. They used to call me metal mouth because I had braces when I was 14. This girl used to call me a slut all the time," she snaps.

"What was her name?" Tahlia asks.

Sandy grits her teeth together.

"Ava".

Suddenly, large balls of fire ignite in her hands and Sandy opens her eyes. The things she had been thinking about seem to disappear, and she smiles.

"I did it!" she smiles joyfully, looking up at Tahlia with bright blue eyes.

Tahlia cannot help but smile as well. Suddenly, a weird sensation begins to run through Tahlia's veins, a cold feeling filling her, similar to the one she felt in the hospital two weeks ago.